Need help on tires

MTtaco

Hey guys I'm running an all stock 2016 Tacoma trd off road and I'm gonna be getting some new tires on Monday it's looking like. Does anyone have BFG AT KO2's in a size 265/75r16? I know it's a size up from stock and wondering if anyone is having any rubbing problems with them

It's going to be 0.5" closer to the fenders. The biggest you can go with no lift/stock OR is 265/75/16. You might have some rubbing if you have mud flaps, take the mud flaps off the front and that should fix it. I love my KO2's good choice on the tire.

I have KO2s in 265/75-16s on my 2012. They are a great choice. My ride home includes miles of rough severely potholed single lane, mies of unpaved dirt that can be dusty/slidey or muddy churning, then steep concrete strips and grass that get slick when wet. The KO2s do it all well. I pulled the front mudflaps when I first went to 265/75s, the rubbing when turning into a driveway curb was a hassle.

I have KO2s in 265/75-16s on my 2012. They are a great choice. My ride home includes miles of rough severely potholed single lane, mies of unpaved dirt that can be dusty/slidey or muddy churning, then steep concrete strips and grass that get slick when wet. The KO2s do it all well. I pulled the front mudflaps when I first went to 265/75s, the rubbing when turning into a driveway curb was a hassle.
They are the best A/T tire IMO.
Welcome to the forum.

Check out the Nokian Rottiva AT. Also comes in a plus model with thicker ply. Amazing so far.
This was on their web site for light truck use "The Nokian Rotiiva AT (All Terrain) all season tire works excellently on asphalt, but it can also be used for light off-road driving." 81% satisfaction rate by customers.
They are cheaper $$ than KO2's.

I've had KO2s, Duratracs, and Nitto Exo's. These are by far a better handling and quiet tire. Have not bashed off road yet but probably in a similar line up to the goodyear kevlar found on the TRD Pro. I called Nokian customer support before buying and spoke to one of the engineers before selecting what i needed. So far so good but I can only report on 1500 miles. Nokians are bombproof in the snow. Places like Canada and Russia and typical for these tires. I'm looking forward to a bad winter to really test these out. They have also come out with a heavy duty off road tire called the rock proof.

They have a very small market share in north america. Building a plant in Tennessee. So far customer service has been outstanding.

I've had KO2s, Duratracs, and Nitto Exo's. These are by far a better handling and quiet tire. Have not bashed off road yet but probably in a similar line up to the goodyear kevlar found on the TRD Pro. I called Nokian customer support before buying and spoke to one of the engineers before selecting what i needed. So far so good but I can only report on 1500 miles. Nokians are bombproof in the snow. Places like Canada and Russia and typical for these tires. I'm looking forward to a bad winter to really test these out. They have also come out with a heavy duty off road tire called the rock proof.
They have engineers answering phones?
Jeezus, it must have taken him 10 minutes to figure out the best way to pick up the damn phone.

Cooper discoverers are a great tire, great if you are offloading and driving on asphalt. Check reviews on them, I have a set of 285/75r16s on mine... need a 3" lift for that though

I was running General A/T2 Grabbers on my 4Runner. The first set gave me almost 90k miles. The second set 75k. I've never gotten much more than 50k out of any set of BFG tires. My 2013 Taco has 49k miles on it. Still running the factory BFG tires. I might get 55k out of them. Then I'm putting Generals Grabbers on it.

I too am in the market this week. I think the KO2s will be my choice. I feel more comfortable with all the reviews and also made my Michelin. Seems like everyone is getting g good wear out of them. I would love to save money and get something slightly cheaper but I do want a top notch tire as well for my 2016 OR. Dam this is a hard decision

I too am in the market this week. I think the KO2s will be my choice. I feel more comfortable with all the reviews and also made my Michelin. Seems like everyone is getting g good wear out of them. I would love to save money and get something slightly cheaper but I do want a top notch tire as well for my 2016 OR. Dam this is a hard decision
If you can wait a few more weeks for Black Friday deals you can find them cheaper. If you have a discount tires near you they will do a sale around Thanksgiving. Also look at on line deals. But... You’ll have to pay a shop to mount and balance so keep that in the equation. Maybe call around and see what local shops are charging. It’s usually around $60.

I paid $163 a tire for my BFG KO2’s 285/75/16 at discount tires on a Presidents Day sale. They where on sale for $188 a tire and then I got $100 mail in rebate that I took advantage of.
never had em, never will.

They went decades with absolute **** tread design from a functional aspect, yet still touted "most recognized pattern in the world".... Its taken them 3 generations to realize people drive in rain and water evacuation is a real thing in the tire world, even for an AT.

never had em, never will.

They went decades with absolute **** tread design from a functional aspect, yet still touted "most recognized pattern in the world".... Its taken them 3 generations to realize people drive in rain and water evacuation is a real thing in the tire world, even for an AT.
I’m always looking for better quality for a better price. So I’m not opposed to trying something new.
I’ve never had any issues with them in all weather conditions. Rain, snow, ice, gravel, dirt or paved they have kept me on the road. I have always bought them on sale so the cost was never outrageous to me. I’ve never paid more that $200 a tire for them.

Back