Need help.. pro comp 3 inch

I ordered a Procomp 3 inch lift with an add a leaf rear. the struts they sent me are es6000 and they are the same size as my stock struts but the spring they sent me is 3 in bigger than my stock spring. so my question is did they send me the wrong struts

I ordered a Procomp 3 inch lift with an add a leaf rear. the struts they sent me are es6000 and they are the same size as my stock struts but the spring they sent me is 3 in bigger than my stock spring. so my question is did they send me the wrong struts

Bigger?

Ya shouldn't the strut be a little bigger to compensate for the bigger spring? It doesn't seem right the spring would have to be almost completely compressed just to reach the threads on the top of the strut

Ya shouldn't the strut be a little bigger to compensate for the bigger spring? It doesn't seem right the spring would have to be almost completely compressed just to reach the threads on the top of the strut
Maybe im missing something, but u need to compress the coil before install or removal?

Ya i got that... I'm talking length of the coil. It's like my new strut that came with the kit needs a few more inches of this otherwise I'm gunna be at the same size as stock but now with a super compressed spring... if the coils are longer shouldnt the shock be longer too??

Ya i got that... I'm talking length of the coil. It's like my new strut that came with the kit needs a few more inches of this otherwise I'm gunna be at the same size as stock but now with a super compressed spring... if the coils are longer shouldnt the shock be longer too??

Once u get down to shock body lengths arent you changing geometry and having bumpstop modifications?

Obviously I'm not communicating this correctly what I'm saying is with my new spring compressed completely with my tool it's still too long for the strut they sent me and can't get the top plate and bushing on..

Obviously I'm not communicating this correctly what I'm saying is with my new spring compressed completely with my tool it's still too long for the strut they sent me and can't get the top plate and bushing on..
Ah, i think i see now.
Does the coil and shock have a part# on it... not model like es6000, but a specific part# that you can check to insure its the right one for the truck?
I know bilstein 5100s have the movable perch and ppl install the perches upside down sometimes and this leads to a problem like your facing.

Ya the perch is fixed on.. the parts are at my shop so I cant see yet but you would think the fact it's a 3 inch lift the struts would have 3inches more travel and not be the exact same size as my stock struts... I'm assuming they sent the wrong ones...

Ya the perch is fixed on.. the parts are at my shop so I cant see yet but you would think the fact it's a 3 inch lift the struts would have 3inches more travel and not be the exact same size as my stock struts... I'm assuming they sent the wrong ones...
Are you sure the new ones where fully extended when you compared them to the old ones? Maybe they have more travel but where compressed for shipping?

I’m no expert but, these coilover lifts dont increase overall travel. They increase up travel to make the lift but decrease down travel. This is to avoid damage from excess down travel. Spacers can be bad becase the whole strut moves down with the same down travel. In some cases it can be too much down travel and cause damage to lower control arms, cv joints and other parts.

Back