Need lift advice!

If you read about this setup or not. It's a perfect 2-3" set up . It's going in my 16 as soon as I sell my baby Monstah 07! ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1468024689.804462.jpgImageUploadedByTaco Forum1468024710.257095.jpg

Icon stage 2 or bilstien 5100s?
Bilstiens are good quality and cheaper, but icons are far better on performance and value. It all depends on what you do. If your hitting the dirt all the time, then go for the icons. On the other hand if you only go off road occasionally then go for the bilstiens.

I have an Icon Stage III kit on my 2013 and did a high-speed rally (60 mph+) up and down a crazy rutted, super rocky fire road in North Idaho in June. My brother-in-law was highly impressed how it sucked up everything that was in it's path, it didn't chatter across the washboards on the corners, and soaked up an all-four-wheels-off-the-ground landing at 75 mph. The Icon kits are a little harsh (firm, but not jarring) on the streets, but can allow for some aggressive driving without a lot of body roll and take on the off-road stuff really, really well. Icon is the real deal.

Now I just need to figure out how to protect the areas that were under the inner fender area that I removed. I live in the Northwest and I'm not to excited about road salt getting on that metal. Any ideas?

I have an Icon Stage III kit on my 2013 and did a high-speed rally (60 mph+) up and down a crazy rutted, super rocky fire road in North Idaho in June. My brother-in-law was highly impressed how it sucked up everything that was in it's path, it didn't chatter across the washboards on the corners, and soaked up an all-four-wheels-off-the-ground landing at 75 mph. The Icon kits are a little harsh (firm, but not jarring) on the streets, but can allow for some aggressive driving without a lot of body roll and take on the off-road stuff really, really well. Icon is the real deal.

Now I just need to figure out how to protect the areas that were under the inner fender area that I removed. I live in the Northwest and I'm not to excited about road salt getting on that metal. Any ideas?
I've heard from many members on this forum that "fluid film" will protect your frame. I've never used it since I live in California and we rarely have rust issues with our trucks. I think you have to re apply fluid film every season, but I'm not sure. I'd check it out and wait for someone to comment to tell their experience with it.

So I asked myself what I would put on my own truck that was under $1000, I came up with this:

Front Bilstein 5100 shocks adjusted to 2.5”, plus a ½” strut extension for a full 3” lift to clear 33’s
Rear Bilstein 5100 shocks with 2” lift blocks instead of add a leafs to keep the rear suspension flexible for Moab

This will be a great on and off road kit that won’t break the bank! $966 total with tax

Back