Need your opinion on selling or trading Tacoma

Gerald

Hello everyone. I have a 2000 Tacoma Xtracab 4X4 SR5 with about 93,000 miles. I have been thinking about getting a new one.

My question is, would I be better off selling the 2000 myself, or trading it in to the dealer. I know that used Tacomas are a wanted item, not sure how much of a premium I could get by selling myself, or how aggressive a Toyota dealer would be on it as a trade in.

On the new Tacomas, how much off of sticker will a dealer generally go?

I don't mind negotiating, when I bought this truck, the first dealership lowballed me on my trade (a Tacoma), and I ended up going to a different dealership and was able to get a better deal. It was a $2000 dollar difference in my favor by going to another dealer. I live in a rural area, the Toyota dealerships are really spread out, I think sometimes they use this to their advantage.

I may just keep it if it is not worth much, I have not decided yet.

Thanks in advance for any of your experiences or comments, I figured this forum would be a good place to ask.

If it was newer say 5 years old or less then is say trade it in and you'll get a great price from the dealer but they won't pay much for a truck that old. Better off selling to someone personally.

Back