Nerf Bars

I just bought a 2016 SR5, which is higher than the 2010 I traded in. I'm thinking of getting some nerf bars but am not sure how big, i.e. 3", 4" 5". I really don't need them except my wife is 5'-3" tall and getting into the truck may be uncomfortable. The truck color is the metallic grey (sharp), so I'm thinking black bars. I'd like to get some suggestions about size and brand/type. Thanks.

I like the 2 step bars. I had the tube and in the winter they tend to get slick.

Spend your money right and go with NFab. You can choose between the standard 2" and 3" rails which come in different styles and finishes based on your truck. NFab also offers a step rail that allows you to attach and detach the steps as you please. They have one of the highest weight ratings in the industry and look really great on Tacomas.
My wife was reluctant at first to spend money on step rails, but she's 5 foot nothing and is grateful for having them even though she doesn't ride in the truck very often. I have 3" wheel to wheel rails on my '14 DCSB.
ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1450470976.802345.jpg

Spend your money right and go with NFab. You can choose between the standard 2" and 3" rails which come in different styles and finishes based on your truck. NFab also offers a step rail that allows you to attach and detach the steps as you please. They have one of the highest weight ratings in the industry and look really great on Tacomas.
My wife was reluctant at first to spend money on step rails, but she's 5 foot nothing and is grateful for having them even though she doesn't ride in the truck very often. I have 3" wheel to wheel rails on my '14 DCSB.
View attachment 7592
Those are the step rails I want. Just got to wait til I have and extra 350 bucks. First I wanna get light racing uca's

I was at my dealer today and saw these on a long bed. Anybody know what these are? They don't match the OEM part numbers. ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1450918743.109873.jpg

I installed 4" Oval Nerf Bars (Brand was Raptor). The main reason was to prevent door markings/scratches from reckless mofos at parking lots. Second reason ...it was "too high" for my wife.

I have the predator bars and love them. However I will be removing them soon and probably sell them in order to buy some sliders. I may be willing to part with them if I am offered a fair price for them.ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1451027135.658418.jpg

2016 Tacoma Trd Off-road. (Silver Bullet)
2015 Tacoma Sr5. (Polar Bear)

Brand new to the forum, bought a 2017 TRD Sport 4x4 in Magnetic Gray Metallic last September and have started looking around for nerf bars/side steps/running boards/rock sliders myself lately which is what brought me here.

Recently decided I want to go with a blacked out look instead of chrome steps. Anyone have an opinion on these black steps from Tyger on Amazon?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01AH5IEO6/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_i_gw95AbNYC82A4
Welcome to the forum. Congrats on the 2017 Tacoma. Post some pictures.

IMG_2561.jpg

Thanks, that’s all I have for now. Need to get some new pics with the tonneau cover I just put on it over the weekend. The new MX4 from Bak looks so good with that matte finish!

Back