Never thought tapping into a fuse would be so difficult

detulio3

Update from last post. If you havent seen it go read it before this one. Anyway, I tapped into almost every fuse in the interior fuse box for my footwell led lights and nothing worked. I bought a circuit tester and a multimeter. Both fuses in the fuse tap are retreiving current (I checked with the circuit tester). The ONLY time it works (only turns on white though, cant change colors) is when the cigarette lighter adapter is plugged in and turned on. Once I turn it off or pull it out with the ground and fuse tap all ready to go, lights dont stay on and fuses still make the circuit tester light up. Ran out of ideas and need some serious help before i go pay a mechanic to do it for me and have him find out it was something stupid. If anybody knows why, help me out!

Last edited:
And I never thought I'd see 3 threads on this.

People hardwire their radar detector like this all the time, so I dunno whats going on. I've wired my boost gauge and wideband gauge like this.
It's amazing u have power to a fuse but no lights. Did u post pics of what I asked for in the other thread?
How about a link to the product?

If u can't figure out the add a fuse, maybe u can tap into the cig lighter with an aftermarket cig lighter and mount that in a hidden location and plug ur footsie lights in there.
I have my gps wired like this wires go under the dash into glove box for power to a standalone cig lighter.

Starting new threads with the same issue only make further helping harder. Someone new maybe totally lost. Try replying to original thread.

I'd ask @Nathan to merge them all but he's probably busy and we need a consistent moderator on staff

Back