new 2013 Tacoma Access V6 finally......in CA

mikey

After waiting 6+ weeks for a white Tacoma Access with V6, automatic, SR5 and heavy towing package options, the truck has arrived. Seems white is a limited stock item or very popular. I could have chosen any other color and received the same optioned truck within 1 week.

So far, I am enjoying the truck and getting used to the Toyota family. A little surprised that the basic sound system, though it has bluetooth, doesn't allow a voice-activated feature for hands-free dialing. That should be a no brainer in today's driving requirements. I assumed (wrongly) that when the options listed bluetooth that voice-activated was included.

I upgraded my stock radio with a Kenwood.. Sounds so much better and I can also bluetooth my nav from my iPhone along with watching DVD's. The first Kenwood I tried, didn't have the DVD option or Nav. I used the 60day return and upgraded. They paid all the shipping!... I would say you should have opted for the JBL system, but you can upgrade to a much better system through Crutchfield and not pay the JBL price.. Just my 2cents I thought my stock speakers sucked, but when I put in the Kenwood, they sound great! When i blow them up, Ill replace them with something better, unless they finally do the new body style and I buy a new truck in a year or so...

Last edited:
I upgraded my stock radio with a Kenwood.. Sounds so much better and I can also bluetooth my nav from my iPhone along with watching DVD's. The first Kenwood I tried, didn't have the DVD option or Nav. I used the 60 return and upgraded. They paid all the shipping!... I would say you should have opted for the JBL system, but you can upgrade to a much better system through Crutchfield and not pay the JBL price.. Just my 2cents

I didnt get the JBL either..I like the stock head unit...but the speakers suck. Gonna upgrade those, add an amp and a sub. Run it off a signal processor aka JL cleansweep.

I got the JBL with Entune in my 2013 and I love it. Of course I payed for it, but I don't regret it at all. It's 150% better then the 2012 version and it works great with my iPhone. No need to upgrade and the factory sub sounds great as well. It was actually a selling point for me. I need my jams bro!
ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1374385148.765315.jpgImageUploadedByTaco Forum1374385261.945861.jpg

Back