New 2021 white Taco

Welcome, as far as a lift been there done it on older solid axle compact toyota pickups. Heard and have seen too many crazy issues screwup these newer tacos when going to a 3'' lift or more. A buddy of mine has a 3'' lift on his 2019 trd with much heavier 33'' mud terrain tires. It rides like crap, has no power, and is noisy on pavement, plus his fuel economy dropped. Imo, any lifts under 3'' are basically worthless if planning any serious off-roading.

Welcome, as far as a lift been there done it on older solid axle compact toyota pickups. Heard and have seen too many crazy issues screwup these newer tacos when going to a 3'' lift or more. A buddy of mine has a 3'' lift on his 2019 trd with much heavier 33'' mud terrain tires. It rides like crap, has no power, and is noisy on pavement, plus his fuel economy dropped. Imo, any lifts under 3'' are basically worthless if planning any serious off-roading.
If you spend the money on new UCA and gears they are fine. What happens is people will put a 3” spacer lift and 33’s E rated tires on them. Kills the ride and bogs it down. If you do King, Fox, bilstein, OME kits and swap the UCA the ride is much improved over stock. Put 4:56 or 4:88 gears with some 33’s the power and MPG improve.
they are very capible trucks offroad with a 2.5” lift and 33’s. You won’t win any rock crawling competitions with it but it will go as a crow fly’s in most scenarios.

Thanks guys for the warm welcome and feedback.

This is my first truck ever. Coming from a german sedan that i drove for 18yrs.

So I'm set on getting satin black Ikon Rebounds. 17x8.5

I dont think i want to go with all the work involved to make 33s work on a new 2021 Tacoma.

So perhaps 265/70/17 or 275s on KO2s.

Would just Blistein 5100s at 1.5" for the fronts work?

Thanks guys for the warm welcome and feedback.

This is my first truck ever. Coming from a german sedan that i drove for 18yrs.

So I'm set on getting satin black Ikon Rebounds. 17x8.5

I dont think i want to go with all the work involved to make 33s work on a new 2021 Tacoma.

So perhaps 265/70/17 or 275s on KO2s.

Would just Blistein 5100s at 1.5" for the fronts work?
275/70/17 should be fine with the 1.5” lift. Looks like the Icon rebound 17x8.5” with a 6x5.5 pattern come with a +25 or a 0 offset. The 0 offset will clear the UCA’s and give a nice stance.

You guys got me amped.

Any recs for a taco that will see Zero off-roading? How about a 2" front lift? So I'm fine with leaving the rears alone?

This truck will mostly just see a 5mi round trip for work.

You guys got me amped.

Any recs for a taco that will see Zero off-roading? How about a 2" front lift? So I'm fine with leaving the rears alone?

Just throw a couple hundred lbs in the bed. That should level it out. I have the factory tonneau cover on my bed, truck sits perfectly level. Adding a 2'' lift only to the front may make it look like a gasser.

You guys got me amped.

Yeah you can buy front shocks that have 2-3 inch height adjustment and pretty easy to install, something like this;

s-l500.png

Welcome to the Forum

Back