New billies

Discussion in '2005 - 2015 Toyota Tacoma' started by cookie47, Feb 22, 2018.

1. cookie47

cookie47 Well-Known Member

Alright guys I just picked up some billi 5100s, I’m looking at wheels and tires now. I’m having issues with my offset. I have a few picked out but can’t decide what offset to go with. I’m ok with a little tire sticking out but I hate slinging rocks and mud all down my truck. Any suggestions as well as tire size? I definitely want 17 in wheels but it’s mostly a daily. Just tired of driving such a girly lookin rig. 2015 trd off-road 4x4 here

the white pearl and TacoJoe11 like this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

ROFL. I’ve never looked at my TRD and thought of it as a girly looking rig....

Tacomania and kp.taco like this.
  4. kp.taco

kp.taco Well-Known Member

@OR17TRD is the pro on wheel offset.

OR17TRD and Bogunn like this.
  5. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Yep. He’s the one for this one.

OR17TRD and kp.taco like this.
  6. OP
    cookie47

Awesome lol and hell man I can’t help it my wife says it’s not a girls truck, looks more like a lesbians bahahaha

ScottSflorida, OR17TRD and Bogunn like this.
  7. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Haha. I thought this might be your Tacoma.
    IMG_1413.JPG

ScottSflorida and OR17TRD like this.
  8. Crawdad

Crawdad Well-Known Member

IMG_0022.jpg

Maybe this’ll help.

Bogunn likes this.
  9. Crawdad

My last Tacoma had a 16x8 wheel with a 4.5” back spacing and “0 offset” and looked real nice. Still had the deep-dish look but didn’t stick out from under the fender.

OR17TRD likes this.
  10. Crawdad

IMG_0023.jpg

I like this one better actually.

OR17TRD and Boss_Taco77 like this.
  11. Boss_Taco77

Boss_Taco77 Well-Known Member

If you want a little poke at most I would go -12 but depending on what tire size you get you may rub. Check out customoffsets.com they have a lot of info and videos on how it works. They have great prices as well. I’m sure @OR17TRD will have some wisdom to share with you

OR17TRD likes this.
  12. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

What setting are you putting the 5100’s at? Are you going to the 2.5”? Are you AAL in the rear?

13. OR17TRD

The Tacoma pro wheel is 16x7” with a +13 off set.
    The 4Runner pro wheel is 17x7” and has a +4 offset.

kp.taco likes this.
  14. OR17TRD

-12 offset is going to stick out 1.46” further than stock with 265/70/17
    I have 285/75/16 tires on 16x8.5” with -6 offset and the tires stick out 1.62” further out and the tire tread is just at the edge of my fender flare the side wall sticks past some.

Boss_Taco77 likes this.
  15. OP
    cookie47

Well the two favs are +00 and a +18 and I’ll probably set them at 1.75 just to level the rear until I buy the aal. Also is there any reason to buy a diff drop?

16. OR17TRD

No real reason.
    If you’re only going up 1.75” you can fit 265/70/17 you might be able to fit 275/70/17 if you can find them. I would go with the 0 offset. If you want to eventually lift the truck 2.5” and put 285/70/17 tires on you’ll need the 0 offset. The +18 won’t work with the wider tires. The +18 will be fine for the 265/70/17 but will only stick out 0.28” further then the offset stock wheels

royandlola likes this.
  17. OP
    cookie47

You are the man! Thank you so much

OR17TRD likes this.
  18. OP
    cookie47

Has anyone turned them up to 2.5 and had a good ride out of them? I’d definitely want to do 285/70/17s if possible

19. OP
    cookie47

Also any aal recommendations will be appreciated

20. OR17TRD

The ride will be a little stiffer with them set all the way up. Still better than spacers.
    There are lots of options for AAL. Everyone has an opinion and lots of options. Skyjacker, toytec, icon, fabtec etc.
    main thing is you’re going to want the right inches for what you want. If you want the truck level the 1.5” AAL would most likely level it. 2” would make it closer to factory rake.

Tacomania, cookie47 and Boss_Taco77 like this.
  21. OP
    cookie47

Awesome thank you again

VBTacoma and OR17TRD like this.