New, but old...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by OldMan, May 8, 2018.

1. OldMan

OldMan Member

Recently purchased a 2001 Tacoma as my winter vehicle. I drive a Toyota MR2 Spyder, weather permitting. I think I got a pretty good deal on this Taco as it has everything I was looking for: Standard cab, short box, 4X4, 4 cyl., 5 sp manual. It was a one owner and has 91K miles. Frame was replaced in 2010 per paperwork from Toyota ($13,000). 2001 Tacoma.jpg

B-Man, OR17TRD, Bogunn and 2 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Crawdad

Crawdad Well-Known Member

Nice!!! That’s a great little truck that’ll serve you well!!! Welcome!

4. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Good looking first gen. Welcome to the forum.

5. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

I want one.
    Welcome to the forum.

6. Tacomaholic

Tacomaholic Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Forum!

7. OP
    OldMan

OldMan Member

Thanks for the warm welcome. Having bought a 17 year old truck there are things that need attention. Although the tires have a lot of tread, they're 7 years old and there are cracks in the tread and sidewalls. It has 235/75 R15s and I see the 2001 had an option for 265/70 R16. I ordered Geolander A/T G015 in 265/70 R16 and the Pro Comp 69 in black. Should serve my needs and look good at the same time.

Attached Files:

OR17TRD likes this.
  8. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum and Congrats on the purchase!