New from the east coast

Well I'm a new guy too kinda, I've done some things to my truck but I'm more toward the off road direction. But if you want to spend some money read up on what some of us has done. What year and model is your truck...

Well I'm a new guy too kinda, I've done some things to my truck but I'm more toward the off road direction. But if you want to spend some money read up on what some of us has done. What year and model is your truck...
2013 sr5 2.7l auto super white, I got it used with 49k miles, I kind of looking to buy some used TRD OR alloys to replace the steelies, since getting it I got some basics Husky mats,seat covers(cheapies), PIAA 530 led drive beams in the stock fog/blanks location. 60k maintainence.

Attachments

• dusted.png
    dusted.png
    878.6 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Those wheels will look sweet. You might find some on Craigslist. I did see some not long ago out here. Guys are taking them off all the time.

Those wheels will look sweet. You might find some on Craigslist. I did see some not long ago out here. Guys are taking them off all the time.
the trucks only the 4 banger not a lot of power to move bigger tires and keep any semblance of performance,plus its a daily driver street queen, would like to score a set of the generic 2nd gen alloys with caps/lugnuts and wrap them with Michelin defenders 245/75/16,probably make the truck look slightly better and keep the stock performance(not much)

I hear nothing but good stuff on the Defender. Top of the line tire. And the 16s will work nice.

I hear nothing but good stuff on the Defender. Top of the line tire. And the 16s will work nice.
no doubt they are good as a all around tire for a DD , I can get the same tire made for BJs wholesale called X Radial LT2 for a few bucks less, seems like BJs has a good deal they mount,balance,free rotations,tire repairs. I never bought tires from a big box store before but seems like a better deal and I talked to the guy that runs the tire dept and was quite knowledgable about how to reprogram TPMS sensors to my truck and proper Lug centric balancing for alloy wheels, he owns a Land Cruiser so we got the Toyota connection right off the bat. Also im looking into a deal on some PIAA H4 LED headlight bulbs, that would match up color wise to my PIAA fogs,but ive researched a lot about using leds in halogen housings and seems that the light projection isn't too good and throws scattered light too, I still thinking on it they are expensive as hell, but I got a 30 day return window if I don't like them. I like the modern white xenon look but don't want to sacrifice the performance of the stock beams for looks, im still researching the whole thing.

I have been happy with big box tires...bought several sets at Costco. You just don't get the service you get at Les Schwab or some of the others. After I upgraded my suspension, I reset my TPMS sensor with paperclip. I read about it on Tacoma World. Lots of the guys are modifying their lights, I know you can get some good info there. I'm spending money on armor at the moment, **** this never stops. Just dropped 2 g's into my suspension.

I have been happy with big box tires...bought several sets at Costco. You just don't get the service you get at Les Schwab or some of the others. After I upgraded my suspension, I reset my TPMS sensor with paperclip. I read about it on Tacoma World. Lots of the guys are modifying their lights, I know you can get some good info there. I'm spending money on armor at the moment, **** this never stops. Just dropped 2 g's into my suspension.
its hard to stop spending money on it, especially my truck its a plain SR5 no frills truck, although it has all the essentials needed, AC,PS/PB, am/fm cd, USB Port already. It can get out of control with the modding I have been out of work for a year living on my savings, I got family member who got a stroke and now im almost a full time caregiver, had to take a leave of absence from my job to deal with it all, working on the truck helps me get away from that for awhile and I enjoy it. life throws you some curveballs at you whether your ready or not for them, the truck is my therapy.

Back