New Grill Emblem

Discussion in 'Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation' started by Bogunn, Oct 21, 2017.

1. OP
    Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

You missed your chance @kp.taco. The emblem is off (for now anyway). I got tired of the 3M tape not sticking to the grille well and ripped it off. I would recommend auto goop (and letting it set up and dry). The 3M tape would work flawlessly on a billet grille or something with a flatter surface but it definitely isn’t the answer for a woven mesh grille.
    It’s all good though. I will run it plain for a while. I like it just as well. I have the other emblem also, I just don’t like it nearly as well.
    RenderedContent-E720F188-999C-4C3E-9B4F-D912ECE08E56.JPG
    RenderedContent-46462AAF-7138-4621-8009-64D1AB666074.JPG
    **The pic of the other emblem was not centered. It was just a trial to see how it looked.

JonRod, kp.taco and OR17TRD like this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Bummer

kp.taco and Bogunn like this.
  4. kp.taco

kp.taco Well-Known Member

Damn it.. I guess I'll stop following you all over town now lol

OR17TRD and Bogunn like this.
  5. kp.taco

Shhhh... Nobody tell @Bogunn I finally got his emblem lol. (Just a trial fit so it's kinda crooked) [​IMG]

JonRod, OR17TRD and Bogunn like this.
  6. OP
    Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Lol! That looks really good. It looks better on a gen two then on the gen three. I have two extra emblems and two extra grilles right now since I bought the pro grille for so cheap.

kp.taco likes this.
  7. OP
    Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

@kp.taco how did you install it? Screws, goop, or tape?

8. kp.taco

Not sure how I'm going to do it yet. Maybe goop.

9. kp.taco

It has three pegs on the back of it. The one inside the "o" is to large to fit through my grille so ima have to get creative. Lol

10. OP
    Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Yeah. That’s the way I’d go.

kp.taco likes this.
  11. OP
    Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

I had the same problem and took a grinding wheel to it. Was pretty easy. Just be sure the emblem is where you want it before the goop sets up.

kp.taco likes this.
  12. OP
    Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Did you ever get the emblem put on?

13. kp.taco

Yep. Took a grinding wheel to all 3 pegs and some loctite epoxy stuff. Turned out really good. I tugged on it this morning and that emblem is NOT coming off!

Bogunn likes this.
  14. OP
    Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Good to go.

kp.taco likes this.
  15. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

No one will be following you around waiting to score an emblem :)

Bogunn and kp.taco like this.