New guy from cape cod

Discussion in 'General Tacoma Discussion' started by Cape taco, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Cape taco

Cape taco Active Member

Hi everyone nice forum , just got a 2016 trd sport dbl cab long bed love it , but hate to sell my tundra its been good to me since 05. But time for a new toy. Like the inferno orange. ! Need to lift it next . 20180106_151701_Film1~2.jpg

tacoma4life9077, OR17TRD and JonRod like this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. Congrats on the new Tacoma.

4. OP
    Cape taco

Cape taco Active Member

Sorry posted in wrong spot .

5. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Nice. The new Tacoma really isn’t that much smaller than your 05 Tundra. Welcome to the forum.

Bogunn likes this.
  6. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Not a big deal.

7. OR17TRD

I like the long bed. :)

8. OP
    Cape taco

Cape taco Active Member

Its a little slimmer than the tundra but length is real close handles sweet too!

OR17TRD likes this.
  9. OP
    Cape taco

Cape taco Active Member

OR17TRD have u use the crawl mode I saw it on YouTube that's freaking cool !

10. OR17TRD

Yes I’ve used it multiple times. It’s worked good for me. The people that have been with me when I’ve used it have been impressed.

11. OP
    Cape taco

Cape taco Active Member

12. OR17TRD

You didn’t get an off road.

13. OP
    Cape taco

Cape taco Active Member

No its a sport I could find any off roads with big cab and long bed I do carpentry and needed size they are pretty rare in New England . I'm hoping my wheels from the tundra will fit they are 18 x8.5 Modas with 4.5 backspace . they fit the tundra with out the lift so I'm hopping they will clear the taco. 30.5 tall 285/60/18 kuhmo

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  14. OR17TRD

You’ll be ok in the rear the front is where you might have some issues with rubbing. What off set are they?

15. OR17TRD

Biggest tire your Tacoma can take without a lift is:
    265/65/18 is 31.6” tall and 10.4” wide
    285/60/18 is 31.5” tall and 11.2” wide. It’s the width the Tacoma won’t like without the right offset or wheel spacer.
    If the Tundra wheels are at least +13 offset down to a 0 offset you should be ok. You might need to put some bilstein 5100’s on the front and level the rake out.

16. OP
    Cape taco

Cape taco Active Member

I have to check maybe an inch its not much they didn't rub on the tundra before the 2 in lift we´ll see if they fit they will look nice on it.

17. OP
    Cape taco

Cape taco Active Member

I just refinished them

Attached Files:

JonRod and OR17TRD like this.
  18. OR17TRD

Those would look good on your taco.

19. OP
    Cape taco

Cape taco Active Member

I've had them since 05 and they still look pretty sweet.

20. plaster

plaster Member

I have a 2016 Tacoma fully loaded and it has the factory upgraded pack edge . But it doesn’t have a crawl mode my understanding is that was only in the off-road or the limited came with this ? .

21. OR17TRD

Just the off-road with the auto transmission.