New Guy From Upstate NY

jztacoma

Hey everyone I'm new to the site but not new to Tacomas. just got my 2010 recently and is in the slow process of adding things to it, up for any good suggestions

Welcome to Tacoma Forum... glad you found us! Looking forward to seeing some pics of your new truck. Congrats!

Welcome from GA.

It's hard to suggest mods since there is such a wide range of them out there. Do you want to lift? Wheels? Tonneau cover? Depends also if you're looking for function or looks? :thumbsup:

I'm lookin at doing a 3" lift without spacers.. trying to run 285/75-16s without rubbing or about 32"-33"... Lookin at the old man emu system or the camburg entry system.. not so much the bed cover since I'll make an expedition rack eventually... Were I'm lost the type of tires to balance daily driver and then mud and rocks (no cali sand dunes in the North East lol) from there do I need extended drive shafts and all the small things to make a good daily driver and capable trail truck

Tires are tough choice imo. If you want/need a good mud tire then you're likely to have a lot of road noise and ride rough. Go with an AT and you may not have the traction you need off road.

I went with Yokohama Geolander ATS, decent AT tire that is quiet and smooth riding with a fairly aggressive tread. I've heard they were not good in snow but don't have to deal with that much here. Haven't had them off road enough to say anything on that unfortunately.

I really like the looks of Cooper ST Maxx http://us.coopertire.com/Tires/Light-Truck/DISCOVERER-S-T-MAXX.aspx

I wish I had looked into them more. Looks like it may be a great medium between AT and MT.

I have the geolander h/t-s right now, not a huge fan they deff didn't like the winter, looking for a bit more bite then they offer, looking at some pro comp, or falken wild peaks, just found out bout these set called buckshot radial mudder that looks interesting

Welcome, I run Firestone Destination A/T and didn't have any problem getting around in 20" of snow back in Feb/Mar this yr. Haven't really run them offroad much with my current truck however, I never had any issues with them on my '00 PreRunner the last 4 years I had it '08~'12.

I had the the stt's on the last Toyota and loved them.. I'll check out the firestones deff like the look of the st max's

Back