New Guy Lookin For Info....

Garage Tek

Hello TacomaForum!

New here searching for info and looking to possibly provide a Tacoma product.

Since early 2007 I've been fabricating a line of door sill protectors for the 2nd gen Tundra and they became so popular it's been tough keeping up with the demand. About two years ago I was approached by a 2nd gen Tacoma owner asking if I would do them for the Tacoma. Well about a month later I found myself committed and have been doing them for the 2nd gen RC, DC and AC non stop since.
Recently I ran into a bit of a snag with the newer ACs door sill design, somewhere along the line Toyota changed them by adding a dip at the center point of the doors where the latch mounts, most likely for water run off. Anyway I'm looking for pics of the 2nd Gen AC sills on 2013, 2012, 2010, and the 2009 in an attempt to pinpoint when the change occurred so I can redesign these particular door sill protectors.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Without making the owners or admin here mad, G Tek Fab. Actually I sent a message to Nathan about promoting G Tek here.

If you google "G Tek Fab door sill protectors" I'm sure you'll see a lot of images.

Without making the owners or admin here mad, G Tek Fab. Actually I sent a message to Nathan about promoting G Tek here.

If you google "G Tek Fab door sill protectors" I'm sure you'll see a lot of images.
Very nice. Sending you a PM.

She's a beaut! I'd say carbide texture black powder coated diamond plate then engraved and custom paint.
Nice. Will post pics when done. Thanks for your help. Do you have your own website or just go through TRD website? I saw them on there.

My website is actually where ever you see them in the forums. Yes they are listed on TRDShop.com but you can also order them through me. I have PayPal and Square.

My website is actually where ever you see them in the forums. Yes they are listed on TRDShop.com but you can also order them through me. I have PayPal and Square.
Ok. I'm looking online to see who can engrave them in my area. Only coming up with shops that do awards. Are they able to do them or does it need to be a specialty shop?

Well I just ran across a 2007 AC yesterday and it has the dreaded dips so now I'm looking for pics of all second gen AC Tacoma door sill from 2004 to 2012.

Thanks!

Here's the 16 gauge diamond plate aluminum powder coated carbide texture black for the Double Cab.
If anyone's interested you can shoot me an email at gberzerk2@aol.com

Non diamond plate carbide texture black for the Double Cab

Last edited:
Here's the 16 gauge diamond plate aluminum powder coated carbide texture black for the Double Cab.
If anyone's interested you can shoot me an email at gberzerk2@aol.com

Non diamond plate carbide texture black for the Double Cab
Ordered mine yesterday. Can't wait to get them installed. After a couple of changes of course. Will post pics when I get them on.

Yes you did and they ship today.

Take your time installing them the 3M VHB is very strong, once it takes hold it won't let go. Best to wet the vertical edge of the sill so the wrap around portion can slip into place. Once it dries it starts to grab like crazy.

Start a new thread and post some pics once they're installed.

Also, let me know who you end up using as an engraver, I may send him a batch.

Yes you did and they ship today.

Take your time installing them the 3M VHB is very strong, once it takes hold it won't let go. Best to wet the vertical edge of the sill so the wrap around portion can slip into place. Once it dries it starts to grab like crazy.

Start a new thread and post some pics once they're installed.

Also, let me know who you end up using as an engraver, I may send him a batch.
Will do. I can't wait. They are going to look sick.

Back