New Guy Looking for Wheel Advice

TacosAlPastor

Hey guys,
I'm a newbie. Bought a 2001 Tacoma RWD base mode about 6 months ago. It came with really sh*tty steel wheels. They're tiny and it just makes the truck look bad ( I dont mind small wheels, these are just bad). I was thinking about looking for some OEM alloys or if you guys had any recommendations, I would really appreciate it. I'm not trying to spend alot of money atm.

TLDR; OEM alloys or after market wheels for 2001 taco.

Welcome to the forum.
Search FB market place and CL there are lot of takeoffs for cheap. Look until you find ones you like. If you want new discount tires usually does their Black Friday if you don’t find anything before then.

I believe part of what TacosAlPastor is asking is: WHAT OTHER (TOYOTA) WHEELS (not tires) WILL FIT A 5-LUG TACOMA? WHAT MODELS? WHAT YEARS?

I would be interested in the answer too. The 14" wheels on my '98 are begging for replacement.

You can go to Advance Auto Parts and they can look up you're options. They have contacts with salvage yards to get take offs. We use this quite a bit for headlight, taillight assemblies and mirrors. The parts we've gotten in at our store you'd be hard pressed to tell them from new.

You can go to Advance Auto Parts and they can look up you're options. They have contacts with salvage yards to get take offs. We use this quite a bit for headlight, taillight assemblies and mirrors. The parts we've gotten in at our store you'd be hard pressed to tell them from new.

Are you actually telling me that NO ONE on this forum has this information? I joined this forum hoping to get answers to specific questions, not generic advice.

Is there ANYONE on this forum who has upgraded his 14" wheels to Toyota 15s or 16s? After 30+ years, I would think that some Tacoma fan would have gathered information concerning wheel compatibility.

NOTE: The Advance Auto in this town is nearly worthless. The employees are not car people.

Good info right there, TT!

Are you actually telling me that NO ONE on this forum has this information? I joined this forum hoping to get answers to specific questions, not generic advice.

Is there ANYONE on this forum who has upgraded his 14" wheels to Toyota 15s or 16s? After 30+ years, I would think that some Tacoma fan would have gathered information concerning wheel compatibility.

NOTE: The Advance Auto in this town is nearly worthless. The employees are not car people.
If you bothered to read on the forum you might find some suggestions. A 20 year old 2 wd truck of any make will probably have suspension sag, even with no sag you'd probably need some form of lift to get bigger wheels, and then how much offset do you need so they don't rub. Probably everyone here has a different combination of lift, wheels, tires, it's a combination of what you want plus what will work on you're particular truck. If ya wanted to go to the extreme you could probably fit 22's on it.

Back