New here from NH and new to tacomas

J-man

Hey everyone, new here and new to tacomas. I pick up my 2014 2.7l 5speed access cab tomorrow night! I've had quite a few jeeps in the past (XJ's, TJ's, ZJ's) but have never owned a Tacoma or a Toyota in general.
Currently have a 13 civic...realized quickly I made a huge mistake and that I'm not a sedan guy at all, especially with all the hunting and fishing I do. Decided I needed a new vehicle that got decent gas mileage (I drive 30k miles a year), would be reliable, and double as a commuter and a hunting and fishing rig. I used to love jeeps, but gas mileage is really bad and the new model reliability is terrible, I refuse to buy a new Chrysler product. Always loved the looks of the Tacoma, seemed like a great truck, never heard a bad thing about them so I went and test drove a couple. Fell in love with a metallic grey 2.7 manual, put my deposit down yesterday, can't wait to pick it up tomorrow and say goodbye that civic. Looking forward to being a Tacoma owner for a long time!

Welcome from north Alabama! Owned my truck for 6 months now and still turn around and take a extra look when I walk away from it!

Welcome to the forum J-man! You won't go wrong with a Taco. Enjoy the new ride & look forward to seeing pics of her!

Good to see another manual trans on the road. :thumbsup:
BTW these trucks hold their resale value quite well. What you were looking for in a truck, a Taco will deliver. As long as you keep up on the maintenance these trucks will last a long time. As for Mods, these beast are hungry, prepare to feed her.

Any questions just ask, someone or several should have an answer for ya.

Great choice, and welcome. Hey, we all learn by trying things out for ourselves. I can't do without a 4x4 truck.

'Nother Texas welcome. I've had my 2.7 Access Cab for 3 months, although it's an auto. Find myself liking it more each day.

Alright well i picked her up tonight and im loving her, such a nice truck! I couldn't get a good picture cause its so dark out but i'll post one up tomorrow.

ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1385476633.142187.jpg

Woke up to this this morning...didn't even get a good look at it all shiny new before the snow fell. Thats NH for ya.

Great looking truck J-man! And I agree time to get busy with the mods. Wish I woke up to some snow here. Can't wait! Hopefully soon.

Back