new here & to Tacoma's - new 2014 - Upstate SC

bvlpxm

As an 56 yr old guy this is my 1st Toyota truck. 2 yrs ago I got really sick with a very rare illness & figured my next vehicle may be a wheelchair van. Between some experimental stem cell transplant & a strong faith & a lot of prayer things recently got better. This weekend a new tacoma found it's home in my garage.

2014 double cab, short bed, 4x4, TRD sport, & more. Silver

Now if things continue to get better I'll have to replace all the stuff that I would pull behind it that I got rid of when ill :yes:. Boat, 4 wheelers, trailer etc.

Glad u all are here 'cause my taco knowledge is limited & I bought it on reputation & faith! Pat

Good to hear that your health is getting better. Just be prepared to open your wallet to tour truck, because it'll be hungry for more in no time. Welcome from Texas

Sweet lookin truck! :thumbsup:

Welcome to the forum! As a fellow Quinquagenarian (just turned) you won't be disappointed in your choice of vehicle. I too am lucky not to be in a self propelled body cart and enjoy the comfort my Taco affords me. My '06 has the adjustable lumbar support so when driving my back does not hurt. (have had 4 spinal injuries)
Having a clutch has helped kept my left leg strong and surprisingly less pain, cramping. (sciatica left leg)
Regardless, when riding in other vehicles (Ford, Chevy, etc.) No more than 30 mins my back starts hurting like hell. Not so in my Taco, and previous Taco's.

As stated be prepared to feed the monster as they do crave upgrades. Many on here are quite knowledgeable on the Tacoma and if we don't have an answer we can generally point you in the right direction to find it.

Welcome aboard, old man. It's good to hear a positive story. Keep that truck clay barred and waxed and she will look good for years to come. Hey Byrd, was any of your back surgeries fusions?

Welcome aboard, old man. It's good to hear a positive story. Keep that truck clay barred and waxed and she will look good for years to come. Hey Byrd, was any of your back surgeries fusions?

No surgery. I was a candidate for it a few years ago but have gotten much worse so they only recommend pain management now. I've had 4 sets of epidural steroid shots done since '91. Besides, I wouldn't trust anyone with a blade digging around the base of my spinal cord. I can deal with a needle. I have 3 blown disc all out the left side. As of last MRI done in June 2012.
L-5 S-1
L-4 L-5
L-3 L-4
Needless to say I no longer play football. I can still walk, running might be a chore. Pain is minimal (knocking on wood) only real issue is my left leg is kinda numb. Bending over while standing nearly impossible. :unsure:

Back