New member 01 tacoma

Discussion in '1995 - 2004 Toyota Tacoma' started by Insp58255, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Insp58255

Insp58255 New Member

Hi all I am new here I have a 2001 Tacoma. Now I need help please. The truck began flashing the CEL because of a misfire. Then started bucking and misfiring bad. I changed coil packs plugs and wires. This fixed the problem for 3 days. Today it started bucking again. Neighbor read codes says misfiring on cylinders 1,3 4,6. From what I have read it could be timing belt.
    Engine is not original replaced about 5 yrs ago.
    Any help will be greatly appreciated.

B-Man likes this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Tape

Tape Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum
    I'm not sure but I believe all the 2000+ V6 Toyota trucks have chains.
    Yours is a chain as well.
    Have you tried running fuel injector cleaner through it? I would try Seafoam in the gas tank, I use a lot of Seafoam in on my combustion engines.

Insp58255 and B-Man like this.
  4. OP
    Insp58255

Insp58255 New Member

Ty for that I will try the seafoam. Now she wont start. I moved e battery cables it starts. One night I turned of fan and it started the other day I move the wire harness that is on drive res side to back of engine and it started. Either Gremlins battery is bad or some serious electrical issue. Will let yall know. Thanx

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

5. Tape

Tape Well-Known Member

That's a good hint, I would check the "red" cable from the starter to the connector.

6. OP
    Insp58255

Insp58255 New Member

Will do. I am going to change out battery for new one.