New Member Looking for His First Tacoma

Hunter20ga

Hi everyone. I'm new here (naturally) and looking for my first Tacoma. I'll post a picture if and when I find one. I'm looking to buy new, but will be willing to buy used Gen 3 for the right price. I'm thinking a TRDOR, auto and short box. (I can drive the stick shift just fine...just at 69 I'm not interested in having to do so all the time.) Anyone got an idea what a fair price would be for a new TRDOR? Dealer here has only one on the lot, loaded (leather, sunroof, etc.) for $39000. I think that's too high, but...there's not a lot of competition, so it's hard to shop around.

Welcome to the forum. :)

$39k for a loaded offroad sounds pretty close to most places. Maybe wait 4-6 more months. Pretty sure not a lot of people are buying right now. Unemployment rate is probably close to 10% and maybe higher in some states. People will be dumping those 2019’s that are still new on the lot for cheap and the 2020’s will go on sale when the 2021’s roll out. You might find a crazy deal on a new 2020 in November if you can wait that long.

Thanks for the feedback. I live in a state that didn't close down any more than the minimum. Trucks of all sizes are selling well I've been told and I've seen them "disappearing" from the dealers' lots and not much new coming in. Im hoping to get a better deal since we're at the end of the month.

Hi everyone. I'm new here (naturally) and looking for my first Tacoma. I'll post a picture if and when I find one. I'm looking to buy new, but will be willing to buy used Gen 3 for the right price. I'm thinking a TRDOR, auto and short box. (I can drive the stick shift just fine...just at 69 I'm not interested in having to do so all the time.) Anyone got an idea what a fair price would be for a new TRDOR? Dealer here has only one on the lot, loaded (leather, sunroof, etc.) for $39000. I think that's too high, but...there's not a lot of competition, so it's hard to shop around.
Welcome to the forum!

$39000 for premium loaded Tacoma is a very good price if it's a 2020 model, I can't find one listed for less than $44,000 in my area, my 2019 was listed at $41,000 and I got it for $38,000 and thought I did very well.

BTW welcome to the forum

Back