New member, new Tacoma owner!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by BizzyTRD, Nov 8, 2018.

1. BizzyTRD

BizzyTRD Member

Hey guys I am new to the forum and am the proud new owner of a 2018 TRD off road tacoma! I've always wanted a tacoma but have always gotten frontiers because in general they were always a little cheaper! I have owned a Nissan hard body 4x4, a 2010 frontier se 4x4 and now have a 2018 TRD! I'm born and raised in Idaho! Been living in Austin the last few years but am relocating back to Boise this June. I'm looking forward to utilizing this truck up in the mountains!
    Only mods this far is 265/75/16 goodyear ultra terrain and 5100s(not installed yet). Good to meet you guys! 20181107_134921.jpeg 20181107_123112.jpeg 20181107_123153.jpeg

Crawdad, OR17TRD and Bogunn like this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. Glad to have ya. Congrats on the Tacoma.

BizzyTRD likes this.
  4. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Congrats on the new Tacoma. Looks good. Welcome to the forum. You’ll like the 5100’s

5. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

Congrats on the Toyota and welcome!

BizzyTRD likes this.
  6. OP
    BizzyTRD

BizzyTRD Member

Thank you! I have been reading mixed reviews on adjusting them. What setting will be level on the 3rd gens.. Im debating 3rd or 4th. I want it level but if I have to choose to be a little raked or have the bro lean Id have to choose raked.

OR17TRD likes this.
  7. TucsonSteve

TucsonSteve Well-Known Member

Congrats, and Welcome!

8. OR17TRD

One up will make it 0.85” higher up front taking most the rake out, how you’re going to like it. 1.75” will make it almost level with a little bro lean and 2.5” you’ll want an AAL in back to level it.

9. OP
    BizzyTRD

BizzyTRD Member

So on the 3rd gens would 1.55 pretty level you think? Screenshot_20181104-214739_Chrome.jpeg

OR17TRD likes this.
  10. OR17TRD

Yep that would do it.

11. OR17TRD

You can measure from the middle of the wheel hub to the bottom of the fender on the front and the back and the difference between those numbers is your rake. Make sure the truck is unloaded and on level ground.

12. OP
    BizzyTRD

BizzyTRD Member

Thank you!!! I appreciate it!

OR17TRD likes this.
  13. OP
    BizzyTRD

BizzyTRD Member

Got the 5100s installed today! 4th setting at 1.55. It is a touch nose high when on level ground.. I would guess it will settle a little over the next day or 2? Rides great, can't notice any negative change daily driving. 20181113_142452.jpeg 20181113_142435.jpeg

VBTacoma, OR17TRD and B-Man like this.
  14. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

Looks great!