New member with an old Taco

30coupe

Old Fart
Just joined. I recently acquired a black sand pearl 2004 Extracab 4x4 SR5 TRD 3.4L 5 speed manual. The dealer just installed a new frame, cat-back exhaust, and new Goodyear Wrangler RT/S tires. I've done the gray wire mod and the power port mod and added a cheap aluminum topper until I can find a used glass one I like. I do almost all of my own work on vehicles, mainly because I hate paying someone else for what I can do, often better than they do.

So far, I like the truck a lot. I went from two trucks, a 2005 F150 FX4 and a 2003 4x2 Ranger XL 2.3L daily driver. I wanted to get down to maintaining one truck and hope the Tacoma will give me the best of both worlds. I will miss the FX4. The Ranger...not so much, although it got great gas mileage.

I'm a semi-retired teacher/coach and former law enforcement officer. I still do some substitute teaching, but the coaching days are over. I've been married to the same woman for over 41 years and we have two sons, one daughter, two grandsons, three granddaughters, and another on the way in about a month (gender unknown).

Welcome to the site sir nice to see a fellow LEO.

Thanks. It has been a lot of years since I wore a badge though. My right knee got so bad the doc said I had to find a different career path, so I became a teacher and have retired from full time teaching now. I thought I'd retire as a LEO, but fate changed that for me. Oh, well, at least I had lots of stories to share with my students! :detective:

Back