JDC

In 1996 I purchased a new Tacoma 4W . I drove it for 24 years. It looked new and ran just like it did when it was new. Over the years It only required regular repairs like brakes etc
Just got tired looking at it and gave it to my brother 150 k miles. Spraying the interbody and frame with liquid film it worked wonders . This month I purchased a 2020 Tacoma off road in super white. Just finished spraying interbody and frame with liquid filim. If it last like the 1996 model I'll be 92 years if age.

In 1996 I purchased a new Tacoma 4W . I drove it for 24 years. It looked new and ran just like it did when it was new. Over the years It only required regular repairs like brakes etc
Just got tired looking at it and gave it to my brother 150 k miles. Spraying the interbody and frame with liquid film it worked wonders . This month I purchased a 2020 Tacoma off road in super white. Just finished spraying interbody and frame with liquid filim. If it last like the 1996 model I'll be 92 years if age.
Nice truck. Is filim some type of rust proofing? Would you recommend your average owner do it themselves?

Yes....its easy to apply. Use air gun sprayer or buy the hose and spray tip from Liquid filim. Wear eye protection. Spray inside and out the frame and any areas that salt touches. I insert the spray tube on the frame the length of the tube. I then spray as I slowly pull the hose out. Take all the rubber plugs out and spray inside the body panels. Reinstall the plugs. It's easy to install. Just make sure you wash and dry the areas before applying.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CJWV273/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_soOVFb4DTK6WX

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

I found cosmoline rp-342 to be really a good rust inhibitor on these tacoma's if your in the salt belt. Its used by the military, mercedes, and bmw. I've used fluid film for years which works well to. Only issue i hated with fluid film is you have to do the entire re-spray the following year because it wash's off during rain storms or going through deep puddles. The cosmoline is far more permeant. Hopefully its once and done for a few years excluding some touchups.

Back