normagene

Wow, sure thought a Tacoma forum would have a lot more members, well anyway, new hear to this forum.

Currently own a 2007 Tundra, and had a 2004 4Runner. Now I'm looking to trade-in the Tundra and get a new 2017 Tacoma TRD Sport.

Love to get it in the new "Cement" exterior color, but unfortunately I was told only the Pro model is available in the Cement color option. That makes no sense to me, it should be at least offered as a special order or extra cost option.

So I'm not sure what color I'm going to get. Everything else I have nailed down firm. Like Access Cab, Running Boards, etc...

I'm leaning towards the Super White. And already have plans for immediate mods. Such as blacken all the badges, and the grille. Plus a few other things. And of corse remove the 4X4 Sport decal from the bed sides.

Well I'm looking forward to reading lots of posts and meeting other Tacoma owners!

Wow, sure thought a Tacoma forum would have a lot more members, well anyway, new hear to this forum.

Currently own a 2007 Tundra, and had a 2004 4Runner. Now I'm looking to trade-in the Tundra and get a new 2017 Tacoma TRD Sport.

Love to get it in the new "Cement" exterior color, but unfortunately I was told only the Pro model is available in the Cement color option. That makes no sense to me, it should be at least offered as a special order or extra cost option.

So I'm not sure what color I'm going to get. Everything else I have nailed down firm. Like Access Cab, Running Boards, etc...

I'm leaning towards the Super White. And already have plans for immediate mods. Such as blacken all the badges, and the grille. Plus a few other things. And of corse remove the 4X4 Sport decal from the bed sides.

Well I'm looking forward to reading lots of posts and meeting other Tacoma owners!
If u want a bigger audience, and more policing.....

Tacomaworld.com

If u want a bigger audience, and more policing.....

Tacomaworld.com

Ok, good to know. I use tapatalk and this was the only Tacoma forum I saw, didn't know about taco-world. Not look'n for a bigger audience, just was surprised at the amount, but it makes sense now since there's another Tacoma site.

I guess bigger would result in more input/comments. Planning on numerous mods after I purchase so I'm look'n forward to seeing what others r doing.

Ok, good to know. I use tapatalk and this was the only Tacoma forum I saw, didn't know about taco-world. Not look'n for a bigger audience, just was surprised at the amount, but it makes sense now since there's another Tacoma site.

I guess bigger would result in more input/comments. Planning on numerous mods after I purchase so I'm look'n forward to seeing what others r doing.

More examples there for sure.....
Good group here, just not as big a pool to pull ideas from.

Anyone order theirs with the TRD 16-in Off-Road Beadlock Style Alloy Wheels? I'm thinking of ordering mine with the Graphite ones, they also come in Black and Bronze.

I really like the look, and if you have them I'd like to hear your opinion. Cost $1,036 I definitely prefer them over the stock TRD Sport wheels.

It seems like I'll be taking cues from different models when I put mine together. For example I'll paint my fender flares Black like the way it's done on the Off Road model. And why not just get the Off Road model, because I like the Hood Scoop on the Sport model. Way easier to paint the flares vs getting/replacing/fabricating a hood scoop.

Anyone order theirs with the TRD 16-in Off-Road Beadlock Style Alloy Wheels? I'm thinking of ordering mine with the Graphite ones, they also come in Black and Bronze.

I really like the look, and if you have them I'd like to hear your opinion. Cost $1,036 I definitely prefer them over the stock TRD Sport wheels.

It seems like I'll be taking cues from different models when I put mine together. For example I'll paint my fender flares Black like the way it's done on the Off Road model. And why not just get the Off Road model, because I like the Hood Scoop on the Sport model. Way easier to paint the flares vs getting/replacing/fabricating a hood scoop.
Bedlined fender flares are a nice mixdle ground imho.
Tougher than paint, more pop than color coded

Still working on my wish list. So far the sticker price is at $39,048

I'm waiting on a response from the plant, wrote the chief a letter about the "cement" exterior color not being an option for other than the Pro model.

Once I hear back, probably was a waste of time even writing him, but if cement is a no go my second choice will be Super White, the Access Cab, TRD Sport, 2017 model.

Not sure about the Beadlock wheels, seen a couple pics, so I'm still leaning towards those, the graphite ones.

Then I'll begin the mods! Still haven't found a link for Black Lug Nuts. Definitely want to replace the chrome ones. I'm guessing they're the same ones for the stock alloy wheels or the Beadlock style alloy wheels.

If you got a 2016/17 TRD Sport Access Cab and plenty of pics, let me know, I'd love to see what you've done with yours. Plenty of great ideas out there that's for sure!

Thanks, Norma

Still floundering around kicking things back and forth. The Beadlock wheels are for sure a No Go.

Going with the TRD Pro Rims, PTR20-35110, the old TRD 4Runner wheels, in Matte Black. They also come in gunmetal. If u no a really good price, I'm gett'n ready to order, total OTD $781

Tires: BFG AT T/A K02 265/70R17 C-Rated (6ply) BLACKWALLs

I do not want the raised white letter ones, Blackwalls, BFG-10892

Also decided (firm) to order the TRD Pro Grille, PT228-35170

Still undecided on which step/running board???

Either the Predator Step or the Cast Aluminum Boards. Going to stop by the dealer today and look at each, luckily they have a trucks with both, then finally make a firm decision. Predators are $146 less.

If you have either, like to hear your opinion.

Thanks
Norma

Oh, one more thing. No matter how well you think you know your Tacoma's just at a glance, i.e., OR has Black fender flares, no hood scoop, Sport has same grille, but color matched fender flares, and of course the hood scoop, the TRD Pro has that distinguished grille, and the Black Matte TRD Pro Rims!

Well you'll be doing a Double Take when you see mine. LOL

It will be a combo of all three! Yes it's a TRD Sport, but also will have the Black Fender Flares, the TRD Pro Grille, and the Black TRD Pro Rims!

Therefore I've already come up with a name:

MUTANT TACO

It's official, that's her name!

The TRD Pro grille is really nice... It is tickling to me. (Too much temptation in this forum and could be dangerous for my wallet:confused:). Anyway, welcome to the forum!

Tires have raised white letters on 1 side, black on other.
They are not 2 different models.
They just get mounted with the face you prefer facing out.

This may not be true with directional tires, but most all terrains are non directional.

Tires have raised white letters on 1 side, black on other.
They are not 2 different models.
They just get mounted with the face you prefer facing out.

This may not be true with directional tires, but most all terrains are non directional.

The 10892s are Blackwalls, both sides. But I agree most are white/black. Most places don't even bother to carry the Blackwalls, like you said they just flip'm.

The TRD Pro grille is really nice... It is tickling to me. (Too much temptation in this forum and could be dangerous for my wallet:confused:). Anyway, welcome to the forum!

Ya, I love the look of it, they did a nice job with the TRD Pro. Ordering one tomorrow!

The 10892s are Blackwalls, both sides. But I agree most are white/black. Most places don't even bother to carry the Blackwalls, like you said they just flip'm.
Really?
An entire tire model for white and an entire model for blk?
Thats the strangest thing ive ever heard.
I mounted tires for about a yr, but never Goodrich. We always asked customers "white letters in or out". I never once had to ask "white letter model or blk model".

Then again bfg has been waaay behind on the at, and at KO until now. Their water evacuation was nonexistant, the tread pattern still looks like the engineers were hungover on a monday, dropped their donuts on a pile of legos and called it a pattern.

With a motto of "the most recognized tire tread in the world", all it ever meant to me was they were behind on the times, even when they went to the KO, all they changed was the silica in the compound i think. Still worthless siping, and all water evacuation channels guided water into a wall.... not exactly "evacuating" anything. Those blocks are so close together its more of a street tire, its just missing a central constant contact patch.

Volkswagen beetles are pretty well recognized in the world of motor vehicles, but they are far from advanced.

So maybe the dualing model numbers is real.... just sounds absolutely rediculous on a non directional tire.

Really?
An entire tire model for white and an entire model for blk?
Thats the strangest thing ive ever heard.
I mounted tires for about a yr, but never Goodrich. We always asked customers "white letters in or out". I never once had to ask "white letter model or blk model".

Then again bfg has been waaay behind on the at, and at KO until now. Their water evacuation was nonexistant, the tread pattern still looks like the engineers were hungover on a monday, dropped their donuts on a pile of legos and called it a pattern.

With a motto of "the most recognized tire tread in the world", all it ever meant to me was they were behind on the times, even when they went to the KO, all they changed was the silica in the compound i think. Still worthless siping, and all water evacuation channels guided water into a wall.... not exactly "evacuating" anything. Those blocks are so close together its more of a street tire, its just missing a central constant contact patch.

Volkswagen beetles are pretty well recognized in the world of motor vehicles, but they are far from advanced.

So maybe the dualing model numbers is real.... just sounds absolutely rediculous on a non directional tire.

So...... I take it you're not a fan of these tires. LOL.

I had no idea either, but when I called one place for a price check, the guy asked, Blackwalls or White Letters.

So then I looked up the number and sure enough, Black on both sides.

So it's getting down to number crunching time!

Inbound vehicle has almost everything on my list. No Step/Running Boards, which is fine because I haven't made up my mind yet.

It will either be the: Predator Steps

Or the Black Cast Aluminum Running Boards

$146 less for the Predators (retail)

So I'll probably order it w/o because I can get either of those for less than what the dealer will charge, and I can install (hubby) myself.

Only option it has that I DO NOT WANT is the Wheel Locks/$80.00

Manager said they will remove from MRSP, since I'm swapping out the wheels I already ordered Black Lugs.

So here's where it stands: MSRP: $37,288

DEALER INVOICE: $35,439 - - - that is with the wheel locks/which will be deducted

Question: How much below dealers invoice where you able to get your truck for? Only current incentive in my area is Military so that's another $750 I can subtract from the Dealers Invoice price.

That brings it down to: $34,689

Still have to deduct the wheel locks, don't have the invoice price yet.

So how much should I pay?

I'm guessing there's a Dealer Hold Back of $1,500 so maybe I can get them to go $1,000 lower?!! Say $33,689

Input Please: What kind of price did you get? MSRP/Window Sticker was? And you paid???

Thanks everybody!

So...... I take it you're not a fan of these tires. LOL.

I had no idea either, but when I called one place for a price check, the guy asked, Blackwalls or White Letters.

So then I looked up the number and sure enough, Black on both sides.
Actually the ko2 seems to have better water evacuation and siping.
Its just taken them since 1976 when it was released to what, 2014 to get a decent change to the pattern to aid in water evacuation.... who likes hydroplaning?

Still looks like a donut/lego (or more accurately construx) mashup, but ill give em credit on the siping and evac channels now.

original tire
35vISD.jpg

KO2 dates
yKtJl5.jpg

honestly...........take a dozen of these, throw them onto a table and roll a glazed donut across em.....
2Ty6ZH.jpg

heres a KO on the left... Notice all the right angles the water would need to smash into and squeeze out the side of the tread face?

now, the K02 on the right, much smoother transition for the water.

and for anyone saying "puddles cant lift a 4,000lb truck", this is very untrue. Water is NOT compressible.

m3B2Mf.jpg

that all said........... I do like the k02 better than any past versions, but I personally will not run them. I cannot blame it on siping, or water evac issues.... I guess they just took so long to come up with a decent revision, I just dont like em.

I also like that they DID change the outer blocks to a different shape which breaks up the symmetry of the tread.... This should aid in cleaning and maybe more bite.

IT'S A DONE DEAL

Yahooooooo!

Placed deposit today! Now the wait...... Not sure how long it will take to build, it's already on the line ready to start building. So I'm guessing 4 - 6 weeks before it arrives.

THE MUTANT TACO

Sticker Price: $38,083

Out the Door: $36,683

Darn Taxman, wow that hurts, especially knowing how they completely waste our tax dollars.

Back