Backroader

New member to the Forum and to the Tacoma family. Just ordered a 2020 TRD Pro this evening. Don't have a delivery date yet, and will be anxiously awaiting arrival!

Thank you Scott! I ordered a black version as i wasn't sure i would like the army green without seeing it in person. The other options were Magnetic Gray Metallic and Super White. I am not sure what mods i will make but considering red Tacoma lettering on the tailgate. I am unsure as the rest of the badging in blacked out and I'm not sure if the red will take away from the look. I find that black lettering on other colours looks nice but struggling with red. Also do you know if I can go through a car wash with a hard tonneau cover?

Thank you Scott! I ordered a black version as i wasn't sure i would like the army green without seeing it in person. The other options were Magnetic Gray Metallic and Super White. I am not sure what mods i will make but considering red Tacoma lettering on the tailgate. I am unsure as the rest of the badging in blacked out and I'm not sure if the red will take away from the look. I find that black lettering on other colours looks nice but struggling with red. Also do you know if I can go through a car wash with a hard tonneau cover?
Tonneau cover shouldn't be an issue at the car wash. There's a fellow on the site has a black Taco with red accents. Looks sharp.

Thank you for the car wash info Scott. I was hoping that the red accents would have a nice look, so nice to hear that you saw one that has a great look.

I've only been a member for a little more than a week and I find the Forum to be a wonderful place to socialize and learn so much. It is truly an extended family and the family members are so respectful, kind, knowleable and love their Tacomas . The social atmosphere and camaraderie is wonderful and is what makes the Tacoma Forum so special. Thanks to All!

I've only been a member for a little more than a week and I find the Forum to be a wonderful place to socialize and learn so much. It is truly an extended family and the family members are so respectful, kind, knowleable and love their Tacomas . The social atmosphere and camaraderie is wonderful and is what makes the Tacoma Forum so special. Thanks to All!

We all feel that way. It’s a great place to visit.

I've had my 2020 TRD Pro for over a week now and it's even more than I expected. It is a fun drive. I've done some minor back road driving (no strenuous off roading) and it performs really well. I live in the country and most folks in my area have full size trucks. Last weekend at a truck gathering the guys all were impressed with the Tacoma.

While the 2020 is very similar in appearance to the 2019 that I had been shopping, I held out for the 2020 for new the minor feature changes like the 10-way power adjustable driver seat, modified front grill, LED headlights and sequential turn signals and the blackened tail lights and the Apple Car Play and Android Auto smartphone. I'm still figuring out how to use the options. The 8" screen is nice. The JBL sound system is great. What I really like is the sound of the cat-back exhaust which has a nice rumble for a 6 cylinder. It hums nice on the highway as well.

I'll add some pics as soon as I figure out how to upload them.

-----
I've had my 2020 TRD Pro for over a week now and it's even more than I expected. It is a fun drive. I've done some minor back road driving (no strenuous off roading) and it performs really well. I live in the country and most folks in my area have full size trucks. Last weekend at a truck gathering the guys all were impressed with the Tacoma.

While the 2020 is very similar in appearance to the 2019 that I had been shopping, I held out for the 2020 for new the minor feature changes like the 10-way power adjustable driver seat, modified front grill, LED headlights and sequential turn signals and the blackened tail lights and the Apple Car Play and Android Auto smartphone. I'm still figuring out how to use the options. The 8" screen is nice. The JBL sound system is great. What I really like is the sound of the cat-back exhaust which has a nice rumble for a 6 cylinder. It hums nice on the highway as well.

I'll add some pics as soon as I figure out how to upload them.
I am jealous you have your 2020 Pro. What color did you get. Mine is still on order and i have no idea when i will get mine. I order the army green and i already have some mods that arrive last week but still waiting for my truck. Congrats i hope you are enjoying your truck

Thank you Richard. Congrats on your new Pro as well! You will love it. I was lucky that I didn't have to wait long. Hopefully yours comes in real soon. I bought the black version. I added a hard tonneau cover and will have the tailgate and handle lettering installed in a week. I like the green colour. It's really nice.

In the truck pic in my profile, these are the winter tires and winter rims I bought. I stored the summer tires and TRD rims for winter. To replace the TRD rims (with the red TRD cap cover) was really expensive so I bought the TRD Replica model from the dealership and ordered the cap decals. The rims are quite similar. It saved a lot of money. Also the lug nuts on the Replica rims are black which keeps the over all blacked out look in tact.

Well It Looks like Christmas will come early for me. The dealer called today and said my truck should be in next week and they want to have it delivered to me by the end of the month. Perfect timing now i can shop for my winch and bumper on black Friday Now I have to Scramble and get tires and rims to for the winter..

That's exciting news! You will very soon have your new ride. Good luck shopping for your winch and bumper. Very nice additions! Keep us posted.

Back