So, my kitchen table pitch went something like this when I was shopping for my truck... "Well, the Tacoma has everything I need in a truck." Convinced, we moved forward with the purchase. Now the perdicament. I came down with a slight case of the notorious Taco mod fever. The kitchen table conversation has shifted to; "If the Tacoma has everything you need in a truck, why are we buying all these extra assessories?" The best I could weakly offer is, "Well, that's just what we do." *sigh* Back to the drawing board :confused:

So, my kitchen table pitch went something like this when I was shopping for my truck... "Well, the Tacoma has everything I need in a truck." Convinced, we moved forward with the purchase. Now the perdicament. I came down with a slight case of the notorious Taco mod fever. The kitchen table conversation has shifted to; "If the Tacoma has everything you need in a truck, why are we buying all these extra assessories?" The best I could weakly offer is, "Well, that's just what we do." *sigh* Back to the drawing board :confused:

I talked about my truck so much to my wife that I literally needed to stop talking. Once I realized she wasn’t even half-listening, I knew I needed to join the forum!! LMAO

IMG_2239.JPG IMG_2245.JPG IMG_2244.JPG IMG_2241.JPG I think this inexpensive purchase accents the red seat, headrest stitching and TRD shift knob without going over the top. The rubber cup holders, door liners and compartment inserts fit perfectly. While I haven't checked yet, I read that the insert for the charging pad may interfere with the charging.

Here a little light reading when you have a moment. While certainly not an expert in these matters and there is so much more insight among the knowledgeable family here at the Forum, I wanted to share a bit of info from looking up details and my experience with the exhaust system on my Tacoma. I mentioned in one of my earlier posts that I liked the rumble when starting up the truck and the subtle drone while driving. I've had a few nice comments on the sound. The Cat-back exhaust, so named to describe the exhaust components from the "cat"-atalytic converter back to the exhaust tip. While the literature claims the exhaust system increases horsepower and fuel efficiency (which is great) what caught my ears and eyes was the "throaty tone" and the appealing chrome (also available in black) TRD logo-etched tip. It is a nice feature. I recorded the sound with the intention of posting it as it would give you a much better feel than what I can provide in words. When I played it back the poor soundtrack broadcasted more like a 1958 Johnson Seahorse outboard engine (excuse my dated reference – although it is a nice sound for outboards!) So I dropped that idea and thought that maybe there is a better produced sound capture online somewhere you will find.

Here a little light reading when you have a moment. While certainly not an expert in these matters and there is so much more insight among the knowledgeable family here at the Forum, I wanted to share a bit of info from looking up details and my experience with the exhaust system on my Tacoma. I mentioned in one of my earlier posts that I liked the rumble when starting up the truck and the subtle drone while driving. I've had a few nice comments on the sound. The Cat-back exhaust, so named to describe the exhaust components from the "cat"-atalytic converter back to the exhaust tip. While the literature claims the exhaust system increases horsepower and fuel efficiency (which is great) what caught my ears and eyes was the "throaty tone" and the appealing chrome (also available in black) TRD logo-etched tip. It is a nice feature. I recorded the sound with the intention of posting it as it would give you a much better feel than what I can provide in words. When I played it back the poor soundtrack broadcasted more like a 1958 Johnson Seahorse outboard engine (excuse my dated reference – although it is a nice sound for outboards!) So I dropped that idea and thought that maybe there is a better produced sound capture online somewhere you will find.

Nice write up. I truly enjoyed the read. Pretty funny.

Been reading through this post. Great info (especially about the Johnson outboard). I have the cup and cubby liners too and the only ones that dont stay in place are the little ones that go in the door handle. You have a great looking ride, one. To be proud of for sure.

QUOTE="Scott Wyman, post: 146375, member: 12026"]Been reading through this post. Great info (especially about the Johnson outboard). I have the cup and cubby liners too and the only ones that dont stay in place are the little ones that go in the door handle. You have a great looking ride, one. To be proud of for sure.[/QUOTE]
Good Morning Scott! :) I like that the Johnson outboard info caught your attention,...smiling...
From reading through various Forum exchanges I see that there are some great exhaust options to consider. I sure like the cat back sound. One fella heard the truck start up and asked me if I had a big engine in the truck. Sure is a nice sound for a 6 cylinder! Thank you for your nice comments and for letting me know about the door handle inserts.

Ohh this climate of ours, I grumble, stumbling in from the deep free. To my special neighbours to the south, who I brazenly envy, in the area I live in, it's cold, cold and cold. (this week forecasts more -20s and this is just a prelude of what's to come). And when the chilly tormenting gets bored, it decides to snow, and yes, offering lots of the stuff without any conscience. Any who, weather woes aside, this is my Taco’s first winter! It has performed waaaay beyond my expectations (which were set pretty high based on all the positive reviews I heard and read). Living in a rural area, I've always had 4x4 SUVs, but they pale in comparison to the Tacoma’s handling. It is great!! So, I boldly declare, bring on the weather! :eek:

upload_2019-12-15_16-21-10.png

Hey Lil G! I'm north of Ottawa (Canada's Captial) in the Gatineau
Hills. It's an area known for its scenic hills, mountains, numerous lakes and cold and snow..oh ya, I covered that already:)

Back