Welcome to the Forum ChoppaG! Congrats on your new Taco. You will love it. If you are in a part of Canada (which is most of it) that gets lots of snow you will be very pleaed with the performance. I've dealt with a couple of major snowstorms this winter and I can't rave enough on how well my Tacoma has handled everything weather condition thrown at it. We'd love to see some pics of your new purchase I had the undercoating done by Toyota. The price was reasonable. Others on the site may have advice on other options. Enjoy that new ride of yours!

Hey Lil G! I'm north of Ottawa (Canada's Captial) in the Gatineau
Hills. It's an area known for its scenic hills, mountains, numerous lakes and cold and snow..oh ya, I covered that already:)

I travel up to your area a few times in the summer to fish White Lake, Ontario (60 km west of Ottawa). The locals are pulling some nice Walleye through the ice... to cold for me. I will be up in May.

Hey Big Mau! White Lake is a really nice area. Great fishing. Ya, it's been chilly and will get a lot colder so good to wait till Spring :)
Do you get some nasty weather Pennsylvania? My parents drove south every winter and they always felt relief when they got to Pennsylvania.

Great reassurance...thank you Jeff! :) I'm glad I'm not alone and the novelty will never wear off. I love your Truck and what you've added to it. Thank you for the great pics.
Hi Jeff. Happy New Year! I really like the side rails/steps you installed on your truck. I am looking to do the same. Is there a name/brand I should look for? Thanks!

I live in NE Pennsylvania (Pocono Mts.) and we do get some nasty snow and ice storms. Not as bad or as cold as Ontario.
I wasnt sure but I figured you got some winter storms. Nice that you dont have to cope with incessant cold :) I have never been to Pocono Mountains but I heard its a beautiful area with scenic mountains, lakes and valleys. Sounds gorgeous!

The back seat look a little neglected so I added a couple of seat belt strap covers...
GetAttachmentThumbnail

I just had a proud Tacoma moment. The Taco did it's job and performed like a pro! A new neighbour moved in down the road today and put his rented cube truck in the ditch. He was stuck pretty good. The back end went off the side of his driveway which is on a steep hill. The driveway is also off a hill. The roads are snow covered and slippery. Anyway, the Taco pulled it out with ease. His wife and him were very relieved and impressed how well my truck pulled. I was happy to help and see my truck do its job :)

I just had a proud Tacoma moment. The Taco did it's job and performed like a pro! A new neighbour moved in down the road today and put his rented cube truck in the ditch. He was stuck pretty good. The back end went off the side of his driveway which is on a steep hill. The driveway is also off a hill. The roads are snow covered and slippery. Anyway, the Taco pulled it out with ease. His wife and him were very relieved and impressed how well my truck pulled. I was happy to help and see my truck do its job :)
That's awesome! Good neighbors are hard to find.

Back