New Shoes for the Taco CCOR

Desertdogs

After 2 years, I decided it was time to regulate the stock tires n wheels to winter set. Ordered 17” Method MR312, which have 0 offset, and BFG All Terrain KO. Little known fact is these also come in 6-ply, which is the original make-up of the BFG A/T line. I’ve run these for thousands of hard off-road use in SoCal, Baja, AZ, USA, on all of my trucks for decades, and buggies, and never had a flat. Since I’m not a rock crawler, I’m leaving the 10-plys to the diesel truck that hauls the heavy loads.

CORRECTION: Weighed the tires n wheels to compare. Seems Discount read the wrong column. Stock wheels n tires=62lbs each. Method with BFG= 81.64lbs. So it actually put @20lbs more on each corner. However it rides nice and quiet. Added full size spare, noticed a bit harsher hit and noise, might be a little loose. I’ve only seen a .2 mpg drop. On the plus side, even when aired to 44psi, there so much LESS road noise than the Goodyears. IMG_6900.jpg

Last edited:
At 44 pounds in a light truck, doesn't it ride like it has solid tires? My Tacoma came from the dealer with just over 40 pounds in the Goodyear Wrangler Kevlar tires and it rode like a buckboard on a bad road. 32 psi gives me a flat footprint front and rear and a smooth ride.

Not really. It rides very smooth. But the full size spare is about 25lbs heaver (stock was steel wheel), so i noticed a change

Back