New speakers

How did you get the door opened? I don’t know if I remember reading that part. Haha
I had to force pry the door open. You know how the door hangs by the window, I had to lift up and pull like a mother and it popped open. My body shop buddy says it happens more than you think it does.,..nothing broke as I thought it would and I put everything back and everything fit like it should.

Make sure to be careful with the door handle and locking mechanisms before putting back together or else a 15 minute speaker change can take a weekend of pulling hair.

I noticed some members steered you toward Crutchfield. This is a great company!! Shipping and all installation hardware is included. I have been buying stereo equipment (home & auto) from them since 1989. In fact, I just completed the Subaru tweeter upgrade on my 2017 Tacoma and noticed the stock door speakers sound really weak. I purchased (from Crutchfield) Kenwood speakers for both my front and back doors. They have great tech support and will make sure your upgrade in "plug & play" with no hassle or cutting factory parts. Plus, they run specials on "open box" deals if you want to save additional $$.

Last edited:
Back