New Taco in NOVA

scogzy

Greetings from the snow belt of northern Virginia!

My beloved 2002 BMW 540i, (ironically with a 6spd manual and M sports pkg), fell victim to the extreme cold here, and has been relegated to the position of hobby car. I did all my own wrenching on this car after the warrenty ran out thanx to some great BMW forums. Not being a fan of the newer BMWs, her replacement vehicle was pretty much an opportunity to try something new. It came down to a 4x4, 4 door F150 or Tacoma. After locating a white, (not my favorite color), 2012 Tacoma, (28K miles), with the magical 6 spd man, and a TRD sports pkg locally the rest was, as they say, history.

I am not familiar with the "Taco", as a co-worker calls them, but am very glad to find a lively community of owners.

One intro question - I can have the dealer install a TRD exhaust for about $600. I see they sell for around $350+/-, and installation seems straight forward. My question is, does the exhaust add anything beside sound?

Here's to finding my way around "Taco land"! ;-)

lightbox

Last edited:
Welcome, fellow Tacoma owner from NoVa, Prince William County. I get the best of both worlds soon. My personal truck is my Tacoma and I am replacing my 1-Ton diesel 4x4 work van with a new Ford F-250 4x4, delivered next month.

Back