New taco

Walt

Hi I bought my first Tacoma trd sport on veterans day 17 I want to outfit it for hunting and fishing. I've seen a lot of cool after market parts I'm just not sure which are the best for bumpers Nerf bars lift kits etc any suggestions?

Hello and welcome!!! Congrats on your first Tacoma, I’m sure it won’t be your last.

As far as brands and parts, just about everyone has a different opinion/perspective. Everyone uses their truck differently, everyone doesn’t need Fox coil overs with reservoirs but they are nice. Just the same, if everyone used the cheapo strut spacers, we’d have a bunch of broken Tacoma’s.

The best way to figure out what suits your needs is to used the search, read a lot and make your own conclusions. It is YOUR truck anyway,... [emoji16]

I’ve landed on the Icon stage 4 kit for suspension. I really like the thin design of the ADD Honeybadger front bumper. I wouldn’t buy any type of nerf bar or steps, I just ripped off a step literally yesterday. Now I have an excuse to remove them,... [emoji57]. Time for sliders!

Hi I bought my first Tacoma trd sport on veterans day 17 I want to outfit it for hunting and fishing. I've seen a lot of cool after market parts I'm just not sure which are the best for bumpers Nerf bars lift kits etc any suggestions?
Welcome to the Forum!

I bought my ‘17 OR DCLB for hunting. I do some off roading but only to get to the blind, etc. I’m a bird hunter with dogs and a boat. I have been slow to add, letting the field tell me what I need. After one season, here is what I have:
Toytec 2.5 lift,
add a leaf,
diff breather,
weather tech soft tonneau,
cargoglide (not bedslide),
bed step and
bedrug for the tailgate only, to not scratch the gun and safe footing for the dog while I get him ready to hunt.

Also Carhartt seat covers and Orvis hammock for the back seat

I prefer the stock appearance of the truck and don’t plan on doing wheels, .rims or bumpers. Hope this helps!LRG_DSC01470.jpeg

I bought my ‘17 OR DCLB for hunting. I do some off roading but only to get to the blind, etc. I’m a bird hunter with dogs and a boat. I have been slow to add, letting the field tell me what I need. After one season, here is what I have:
Toytec 2.5 lift,
add a leaf,
diff breather,
weather tech soft tonneau,
cargoglide (not bedslide),
bed step and
bedrug for the tailgate only, to not scratch the gun and safe footing for the dog while I get him ready to hunt.

Also Carhartt seat covers and Orvis hammock for the back seat

I prefer the stock appearance of the truck and don’t plan on doing wheels, .rims or bumpers. Hope this helps!View attachment 14447
Thanks I like the idea of letting the field tell you what you need.

Hi I bought my first Tacoma trd sport on veterans day 17 I want to outfit it for hunting and fishing. I've seen a lot of cool after market parts we’d I'm just not sure which are the best for bumpers Nerf bars lift kits etc any suggestions?
Don’t get nerf bars. Spend a little more and get rock sliders. Sounds like you will end up needing them one day if you are finding those hunting and fishing spots. A bed cap is nice if you don’t mind the look. I have the bakflip tonneau cover and a bed mat which works well. I would only replace my bumpers if I was going to put a winch on or if someone hit me.
Welcome to the forum.

Back