New Tacoma Owner - '17 TRD Sport

Hey all. New owner of a Quicksand TRD Sport with the Ultimate Warrior hood decal. Have had it for a week now and while at first (test drive) I wasn't too keen on trading in my '15 F150, I have come to really like and respect the Tacoma. There are a couple things that kinda bother me such as;
  1. Underpowered
  2. No Power Seats
  3. No Heated Seats
  4. No Rear Defroster
  5. No Auto Start
Now I know some of that may be just the trim level or whatever that I purchased but for a $37k mid-size truck, these are no brainers and should be included. Look here, I said included and not additional cost.

It isn't all bad. What do I love about my Tacoma...EVERYTHING ELSE. The Styling is freaking awesome. handling, interior design and layout, connectivity, mpg's, color. This is a great truck that I can see myself having a lot of fun with. So much fun that I may keep it. Currently, I'm leasing but you never know. It is growing on me. I know I could add alot of the missing elements I stated above but again it is a lease so I need to be careful what I do and dont do.

Semper Fi,
Sean

Last edited:
I'll have to agree with the "under powered" aspect although, I didn't buy the Tacoma for power and really don't need any more than it provides. I had an '07 RCSB with the 5.7 for 10 years and never used or had to utilize all the power it turned out (except when I was "playing"). Yup, the tranny control module sucks. Very poor bit of technology on Toyota's part. Maybe they should have run that set-up on some prototypes or maybe even made the 3.5 and option for 16 & 17 to get adequate feedback. Nice ride, good luck and welcome to the forum.

After about 2 months with the Taco my views have shifted a bit. I LOVE THIS TRUCK and will deff either buy this one after the lease or go for a TRD Pro depending on how that model year stacks up to current. If they resolve the erratic shifting from the trans by then I will be buying new. If not and it stays the same Ill keep this one. Very nice truck and I have been converted.

Pictures, or it didn't happen.

What is this hood decal you are on about?

I just picked up a 2018 TRD Off-road, 6MT, last week. Also a lease, and I too need to figure out a bed cover of some sort.

Back