New Tacoma Owner - Help Upgrading Rims and Tires

Hey Everyone!
I am new to the forum and new to owning a Taco!
I just got a 2017 TRD Sport

The first thing I am looking to do is put on new tires and rims without a lift kit.
Right now I am running the stock 17" rim and would like to stay on them.

I like the procomp rims and BFG T/A KO2 tires.
I am just not sure what the biggest tire I can fit without rubbing is on the 17" without a lift is

Any help is appreciated!!!

Thank you! Sorry I missed this!
SCS wheels cant go wrong with either F5 or ray10.

There is also method wheels, no experince with those.

As for tires i have experience with km2 (285/75/16) they will chip and chop when wheeling offroad on loose gravel, rocks. They held pretty good, tough, and have a nice agressive look.

Hey Everyone!
I am new to the forum and new to owning a Taco!
I just got a 2017 TRD Sport

The first thing I am looking to do is put on new tires and rims without a lift kit.
Right now I am running the stock 17" rim and would like to stay on them.

I like the procomp rims and BFG T/A KO2 tires.
I am just not sure what the biggest tire I can fit without rubbing is on the 17" without a lift is

Any help is appreciated!!!
In my opinion, start your mods with a lift kit instead of wheels and tires (if you intend to put on one), then you tailor the others based on that... (saves you money on the long run). Welcome to the forum!!

SCS wheels cant go wrong with either F5 or ray10.

There is also method wheels, no experince with those.

As for tires i have experience with km2 (285/75/16) they will chip and chop when wheeling offroad on loose gravel, rocks. They held pretty good, tough, and have a nice agressive look.
I just put methods on my Tundra. I don’t have many miles on them but they look good.
Are you going to try KM3’s next?
That’s what I’m waiting for.

I just put methods on my Tundra. I don’t have many miles on them but they look good.
Are you going to try KM3’s next?
That’s what I’m waiting for.
You got a tundra[emoji50][emoji50][emoji50][emoji50][emoji50][emoji50] congrats!! Pics?!?

Yes they look good, have similar designs to the scs.

Yes after i run these to the ground i am considering the km3 but want to get them at a good price, $$$$$$

You got a tundra[emoji50][emoji50][emoji50][emoji50][emoji50][emoji50] congrats!! Pics?!?

Yes they look good, have similar designs to the scs.

Yes after i run these to the ground i am considering the km3 but want to get them at a good price, $$$$$$
Yeah I ended up leaving my 2017 taco and while searching for a 2018/19 I came across this 2018 platinum CM. Couldn’t pass up the deal. If they had the KM3’s available in 295/70/18 or 285/70/18 or 275/70/18 I would have bought them.

http://www.tacomaforum.com/threads/in-between-tacos.7981/page-6
205FDAF9-CEA3-4361-B889-DEFEA581727D.jpeg

In my opinion, start your mods with a lift kit instead of wheels and tires (if you intend to put on one), then you tailor the others based on that... (saves you money on the long run). Welcome to the forum!!

I do not think I am going to lift it.
Main reason for tires is diving on the beach.

Love the Ray10s think I am going to order those and but maybe wrap them in the BFG KO2s

I do not think I am going to lift it.
Main reason for tires is diving on the beach.

Love the Ray10s think I am going to order those and but maybe wrap them in the BFG KO2s
That combo should fine, i would be careful on what offset you get them because thst will change the angle at which the tires will turn inside. what size tires do you have?

Back