New Tacoma Owner

I just purchased a 2011 Tacoma PreRunner SR5 Double Cab V6 the other day. I figured I would join the discussion on here and see if I could get some ideas and thoughts. I want to do some minor stuff at first till I pay it off (Decals, Nerf Bar, HID or Halos, ect...) Waiting to do some big stuff like toolbox, grill gaurds, and Rims and bigger tires. If anyone has any advice on being a new tacoma owner I would love to hear. Thanks guys.:yes:

Check ebay for decals,Cheap $15-25 a pair,go to my site and facebook at Robert J Goudin and see what I did!! Chrome Bull Bar, Bed Bar w/ flames from Rhino at Car Id,deacals and Toyota TRD accessories at EBay.com ,AMSOIL Oils and Lubricants and Fluids for wholesale prices at www.AMSOIL.com/?ZO=5269135 for all Synthetics to switch over too ,and Real Truck.COM and CCI for Chrome grills and more! Rambo/ Robert J Goudin,Internet has cheapest prices !

I purchased a new 2014 Prerunner SR5 TRD sport Double cab October 2013. I was bummed when I realized the outside temperature/compass mirror has been replaced with a weather App on the radio. The app does not have local same time weather and is sometime more than 60 minutes late. My complaints to California headquarters and local dealer will not offer any recourse. Buyer Beware? Has anyone had a similar experience?

Welcome, and nope my sensor doesnt work because i have an 07. But as far as decals and stuff, it depends on what you have in mind. Ebay is good, and also your grille guards are on their as well. Got mine $432 shipped (and they next day delivered).

thanks man for the heads up on that stuff. I like the truck though, it looks real nice with the chrome. I personally dont think im gonna go with chrome because my truck is black so i think im gonna get a black bull guard and black nerf bars. just to go with the black on white contrast. ideas are welcome because im not too sure. ooo and ps hows the supercharger?!?

thanks man for the heads up on that stuff. I like the truck though, it looks real nice with the chrome. I personally dont think im gonna go with chrome because my truck is black so i think im gonna get a black bull guard and black nerf bars. just to go with the black on white contrast. ideas are welcome because im not too sure. ooo and ps hows the supercharger?!?

It adds 60horsepower, so youd be getting about 300 horse from your truck. Add a trd exhaust (+7) and a trd cold air intake (+11 i think) and you could get 318 horsepower

I was going to add a TRD CAI along with my S/C but the mechanic suggested that I don't. He said it would run to lean and can cause damage.

I purchased a new 2014 Prerunner SR5 TRD sport Double cab October 2013. I was bummed when I realized the outside temperature/compass mirror has been replaced with a weather App on the radio. The app does not have local same time weather and is sometime more than 60 minutes late. My complaints to California headquarters and local dealer will not offer any recourse. Buyer Beware? Has anyone had a similar experience?
I don't understand why Toyota would take away the outside temp.display,I have it on my 2013 limited, Why wouldn't the 2014's have it? This is my first Toyota,I love it, but, the one thing I hate about Toyota is, they barely give you any extras like automatic locking doors, automatic headlights etc...and they cost a fortune! Things like that should be pretty much standard equipment nowadays!

Last edited:
And for supercharger I've had a couple trd's and currently a urd (which is pretty much a belt driven turbo)and their way more efficient and put out more hp

And for supercharger I've had a couple trd's and currently a urd (which is pretty much a belt driven turbo)and their way more efficient and put out more hp

Did you run a CAI with your TRD S/C?

Sent from my iPhone using Taco Forum mobile app

Did you gave any problems at all? The reason I ask is when I had mine installed the mech stressed to me not to run a CAI as it would run to lean.

Have

A 44 series flow master adds roughly 17 hp and a k&n cold air intake system well built will add 20 hp
I run the K&N kit and love it but have been looking for an exhaust but want to put a super charger in next year. Could I run the K&N and a 44 flow master with the super charger kit?

Back