New tires

No mud flaps and very little heating and molding on the wheel well with the 285/70/17. You really want the caster 2.5-4 on anything bigger than stock. You could still do the CMC if you off road heavy but not required for light off road ie dirt/gravel fire forest roads.

Why change caster from spec?

Because with a lift, the geometry has changed. Therefore, factory spec no longer is applicable.
Besides that, it'll drive like poo.
I have the Toytec Boss 2 1/2" lift with 32.5" tires. Had it aligned to factory specs and in my opinion it drives like poo. Kind of all over the place. 2015 4X4 with 18K miles.

I have the Toytec Boss 2 1/2" lift with 32.5" tires. Had it aligned to factory specs and in my opinion it drives like poo. Kind of all over the place. 2015 4X4 with 18K miles.
Ya really gotta watch them alignment techs! [emoji23]
It's easy to trick the machine to print out a nice looking page to show the owner. Make friends with somebody with an alignment rack, that's your best bet. Most shops usually don't have a problem with you speaking to the tech while they are aligning your truck, that's the time to specify the numbers that you want.

Mostly for street but I do go to the sand and dirt sometimes. I’m putting a 3in lift
Im running nitto exo grapplers, had them since December or January. Haven't used them offroad and we didn't get any snow. But so far they ride and wear good and have really good reviews.

Ya really gotta watch them alignment techs! [emoji23]
It's easy to trick the machine to print out a nice looking page to show the owner. Make friends with somebody with an alignment rack, that's your best bet. Most shops usually don't have a problem with you speaking to the tech while they are aligning your truck, that's the time to specify the numbers that you want.

Toytec told me I would need aftermarket upper control arm to get more caster. My alignment now is .2 and .4 camber, 1.3 and 1.5 caster, .07 and .06 toe. first number being l/f and right number being r/f.

Toytec told me I would need aftermarket upper control arm to get more caster. My alignment now is .2 and .4 camber, 1.3 and 1.5 caster, .07 and .06 toe. first number being l/f and right number being r/f.
Yes, most tacos do. I can vouch for Total Chaos, good stuff. Haven't used any others. Try to get toe and camber to 0.00, a touch of negative camber doesn't hurt, -0.50 max I'd say.

Toytec just told me caster should be at mid 3 or between 3 and 4 degrees. They said only way to get there is upper control arms.

Duratracs are decent if ur not gunna be around lava fields or other sharp rocks.

They should be fine in the sand if aired down, fine in dirt, good on road (good siping) and good in mud/snow due to the large voids. They are a little loud, but not as bad as muds.

If u want something bulletproof, but heavy, check out the cooper st maxx.

Firestone destinations are decent, but fairly tame.

IMG_5153.jpg

Thanks for the recommendation !

Back