New tires

Discussion in '2005 - 2015 Toyota Tacoma' started by 7_PUNSHR, Jun 24, 2018.

1. Brandon Hinds

Brandon Hinds Member

How are the stt pro?

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Ok Dave

whippersnapper02 likes this.
  4. TacoKen

TacoKen Well-Known Member

Why change caster from spec?

5. Crawdad

Crawdad Well-Known Member

Because with a lift, the geometry has changed. Therefore, factory spec no longer is applicable.
    Besides that, it'll drive like poo.

OR17TRD likes this.
  6. TacoKen

I have the Toytec Boss 2 1/2" lift with 32.5" tires. Had it aligned to factory specs and in my opinion it drives like poo. Kind of all over the place. 2015 4X4 with 18K miles.

7. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

Check tire pressure. It shouldn't be much more than OEM.

8. Crawdad

Ya really gotta watch them alignment techs!
    It's easy to trick the machine to print out a nice looking page to show the owner. Make friends with somebody with an alignment rack, that's your best bet. Most shops usually don't have a problem with you speaking to the tech while they are aligning your truck, that's the time to specify the numbers that you want.

OR17TRD likes this.
  9. taters95yj

taters95yj Active Member

Im running nitto exo grapplers, had them since December or January. Haven't used them offroad and we didn't get any snow. But so far they ride and wear good and have really good reviews.

7_PUNSHR likes this.
  10. TacoKen

Running 36-38 psi

11. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

Chalk test it. You should probably be at 29-31.

Crawdad likes this.
  12. TacoKen

Toytec told me I would need aftermarket upper control arm to get more caster. My alignment now is .2 and .4 camber, 1.3 and 1.5 caster, .07 and .06 toe. first number being l/f and right number being r/f.

13. Crawdad

Yes, most tacos do. I can vouch for Total Chaos, good stuff. Haven't used any others. Try to get toe and camber to 0.00, a touch of negative camber doesn't hurt, -0.50 max I'd say.

14. OR17TRD

I run mine at 32-33.
    A good off-road shop will be able to do an alignment and will usually know how to align it properly it’s usually about $60 for the front.

15. TacoKen

That's a good idea. Thanks Should do the test with warm tires I am guessing.

16. TacoKen

Toytec just told me caster should be at mid 3 or between 3 and 4 degrees. They said only way to get there is upper control arms.

17. OR17TRD

Did they sale you some UCA’s?

18. TacoKen

No but they offered them yesterday for $485. I want to check around for a better price.

OR17TRD likes this.
  19. OP
    7_PUNSHR

7_PUNSHR Well-Known Member

IMG_5153.jpg

Thanks for the recommendation !

OR17TRD and Bojangles like this.
  20. Bojangles

Bojangles Well-Known Member

Give em a hundred miles or 2, then report... tires need a few heat cycles to rlly show their stuffs.
    U will notice the squirm and such go away after just a few drives.

.... i mean your welcome

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    Bogunn likes this.
  21. OP
    7_PUNSHR

7_PUNSHR Well-Known Member

You think I should run these tires with mud flaps? Don’t wanna mess up the paint