New to forum and first Tacoma

sam16yota

What's up Tacoma Forum, just got my first Tacoma and looking to upgrade from stock rims; I have a set of 245/75R16 tires but wondering if anyone has fit them stock before? They are from a jeep wrangler. I know will need conversion spacers to go from 5 lug to 6? Any issues with that as well if anyone running on those spacers? Much apprection on responses. Glad to be joining the Tacoma forum!
-Sam

If I read your post correctly (where you talk about needing an adaptor to go from 5 lug to 6 lug) you have what is referred to as a 5 lug truck. If you have a 5 lug (not a PreRunner or a 4X4) I'm not sure the 245 will fit. The stock tire (I think) is only a 215. Does it come stock with a 15" wheel? I did some research before buying my PreRunner and without doing a lift, the largest tire I saw on that truck was a 235. I'd hate to see you spend money on wheels and adapters only to find out the tires don't fit without rubbing.

Okay, after going back and rereading your post, I now wonder if you're trying to put a set of Jeep wheels on a Tacoma. So what is it? Do you have a 5 lug or 6 lug truck?

Stock tires for a 5 lug is a 215 and that's ridiculously small. The 6 lug smallest tire is a 245. Rim size is only a 1 inch difference. However the height will be a true issue Bc even the 6 lug 4 banger is bigger than the 4 banger 5 lug

I too am new to this forum and new to Tacoma ownership. Great forums even better truck!!!!!

Back