New to me

dlargo

Greetings all,

I recently picked up a 2006 SR5 4x4 with 140k on the odometer. It is a DCSB Superwhite thing of beauty. However, there is one issue I may be taking it back to the dealer for. I have a 60 day warranty and want to take full advantage of it for any little thing I can before I pick up the tab. During takeoff I get a vibration in the driveline, drivetrain, engine, or a combination of those things. It is worse in 1st gear around 10 mph and then again in 2nd gear around 15-20 mph. There is no vibration outside of that it is runs like a top. Everything was changed out (fluids) before I picked it up but I will be doing them again when I hit the 145 mark. I will be doing my own maintenance most of time. Any specific things I should check out or be on the look out for for the next 60 days or so. Also, should I just stick with what the dealer recommends as far as fluids or have things advanced alot since 06. I am coming from a 01 Jeep XJ 4x4 and it is world of difference...loved the Jeep but I love the Tacoma and would not go back.

Thanks
Danny

Back