New to Taco's

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Devon R, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Devon R

Devon R Member

Hey all , thanks for all the great info here. I just recently bought a 2018 4 cylinder Xtracab. Looking for threads related to this submodel if anyone has pictures of their 2018 Xtracabs. Not quite sure what parts are compatible between the submodels if I decide to purchase any in the future. Happy to be here and looking forward to hearing more.
    Keep truckin'

-Devo

OR17TRD and Bogunn like this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Congrats on the new Tacoma. Welcome to the forum. Any of the SR, SR5, TRD sport, TRD off-road, limited and TRD Pro parts will plug and play with each other.

Devon R likes this.
  4. TucsonSteve

TucsonSteve Well-Known Member

Welcome!

Devon R likes this.
  5. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum!

Devon R likes this.
  6. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Welcome. What trim level?

Devon R likes this.
  7. OP
    Devon R

Devon R Member

Thanks for that info.
    Are there any must-know online sites I should know about to browse for parts? Seems like the one's I'm finding are pretty expensive...

Bogunn, its a Tacoma SR.

Also,

Thanks everyone else for the Welcoming mat. Will be updating my profile soon!

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
    Bogunn likes this.
  8. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Cool. Like @OR17TRD said, the parts are for the most part interchangeable across trim levels.
    You’ve got a great truck. There’s a lot of options out there. Its pretty much limited to what you want to do to it.
    As far as better sites for pricing, I generally look at all the bigger parts sites and compare. I usually end up buying from eBay or Amazon honestly. It takes a little digging, especially on eBay, but I’ve always gotten better deals.

Devon R likes this.
  9. OR17TRD

Searching the web is how I find my deals. I bought most of my aftermarket accessories from amazon. Toyota dealers will have parts specials online and you can usually get your local Toyota dealer to match any other Toyota dealers prices. Just ask nice and show the parts guy the site and the price.

Devon R likes this.
  10. Lil G

Lil G Well-Known Member

Welcome glad your with us

Devon R likes this.
  11. OP
    Devon R

Devon R Member

Thanks again. Been browsing Amazon quite a bit actually. Seems pretty legit on pricing.

First buy were the ever so important rubber floor mats which I bought for a grand total of $14 shipped.

Here are some pictures of my new ride.
    20181007_104658_HDR.jpg
    20181007_104637.jpg Yes that's my Gf's Chevy ZR2 parked out front.

Need some advice on mods to make it stand out a bit. Came completely stock so its ready for some work . Comments suggestions welcome!

Crawdad and B-Man like this.
  12. OP
    Devon R

Devon R Member

Waiting to get the wiring parts for the fogs. Pics soon. Bought the Winjet fog kit from Amazon for $59. Hopefully I don't have to return it... :/

13. Scott Wyman

Scott Wyman Well-Known Member

Wheels make a HUGE difference. Heres my before and after. 20181030_063858.jpg

Devon R, kp.taco, OR17TRD and 3 others like this.
  14. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Wow. That is a huge difference. It looks way better.

15. Scott Wyman

Almost looks lifted, but it's all the same as the before exept the wheels. Even the tires are the same.

Bogunn likes this.
  16. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

It actually does look like it has an inch or two lifted.
    It’s hard to believe something as simple as getting rid of those steel wheels can make a truck look that much better.

Scott Wyman and B-Man like this.
  17. Scott Wyman

Yeah, this is the truck I've always wanted. :):rolleyes::cool::D

Bogunn likes this.
  18. OP
    Devon R

Devon R Member

They look fantastic Scott. How much out the door ,what size and where did you get them at?
    Thanks for the pictures. Will be saving for something similar.

Scott Wyman likes this.
  19. Scott Wyman

wheel_vis_01219_black_matte-black_na_20_zoom.png
    They are 16x8 Vision Turbine wheels.
    I got them at Discount Tire, $500 even out the door. They have a zero offset so the tires stick out farther giving the appearance of bigger tires. I'll get a picture tomorrow and post it to show this.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
    Devon R and OR17TRD like this.
  20. OR17TRD

Those look good. I’ve spent a lot of money over the years with DT (aka America’s tire) they like KO2’s too.

Scott Wyman likes this.
  21. Scott Wyman

The folks at DT always treat me right and their prices are some of the best around.

OR17TRD likes this.