New to the family!

DCai

First car was an 89 taco 4x4 then took a hiatus. Just purchased a 2017 4x4 and installed a new grill. Looking forward to lifting this thing this year. Have loved perusing this forum so far...some great info!20171230_163642.jpg

First car was an 89 taco 4x4 then took a hiatus. Just purchased a 2017 4x4 and installed a new grill. Looking forward to lifting this thing this year. Have loved perusing this forum so far...some great info!View attachment 14268
Nice Murdered Taco.
Congrats on the new taco. The truck you had in 1989 was just a Toyota pickup they didn’t start making the Tacoma until 1995 1/2.
Did you have the 22re 4cyl or the 3.0L v6?
Welcome to the forum.

Nice Murdered Taco.
Congrats on the new taco. The truck you had in 1989 was just a Toyota pickup they didn’t start making the Tacoma until 1995 1/2.
Did you have the 22re 4cyl or the 3.0L v6?
Welcome to the forum.
Thanks! I had the 22re 4 cyl in manual. Loved that thing, but just wished it had a little more power. Just ordered an intake for this one and am excited to see how it sounds after the install. Will be moving to montana for a job this summer and plan on getting a leveling kit and upgrading tires and rims once i get there. Appreciate the welcome.

Thanks! I had the 22re 4 cyl in manual. Sorry, i misspoke...not a taco....just a toyo:) Loved that thing, but just wished it had a little more power. Just ordered an intake for this one and am excited to see how it sounds after the install. Will be moving to montana for a job this summer and plan on getting a leveling kit and upgrading tires and rims once i get there. Appreciate the welcome.

Thanks! I had the 22re 4 cyl in manual. Loved that thing, but just wished it had a little more power. Just ordered an intake for this one and am excited to see how it sounds after the install. Will be moving to montana for a job this summer and plan on getting a leveling kit and upgrading tires and rims once i get there. Appreciate the welcome.
I owned a lot of those old toyota pickups I know what you mean. I put larger valves and a RV cam in a few I owned and got some extra pep. Still not fast by any means lol. It would at least go up a hill in 4th gear at 65mph.

I owned a lot of those old toyota pickups I know what you mean. I put larger valves and a RV cam in a few I owned and got some extra pep. Still not fast by any means lol. It would at least go up a hill in 4th gear at 65mph.
Nice! Wish i was smart enough to try that back in the day. I remember going over the cascades on my way to and from college with the pedal to the floor barely making 55mph...so painful.

Nice! Wish i was smart enough to try that back in the day. I remember going over the cascades on my way to and from college with the pedal to the floor barely making 55mph...so painful.
I’ve been there. 3rd gear to 4th back to 3rd back to 4th going 55 if you where lucky haha. Semi trucks passing you lol.

I’ve been there. 3rd gear to 4th back to 3rd back to 4th going 55 if you where lucky haha. Semi trucks passing you lol.

I never had a pre ‘95 but my first gen Tacoma’s were like that. I remember my first ‘02 5 speed 2.7 liter. Trying to keep over 65 on the interstate in West Virginia up hill didn’t happen.

Back