Newbie 2017 TRD O

Mobilboar

Greetings. I am going to pull the plug and spring for a 2017 TRD O probably tomorrow. I would appreciate any comments about your experience with this model. It has been many years since I have had a new vehicle. I turn 73 later this month and want to have some fun! I am a 100% disabled Vietnam Vet. Any help will be muchly appreciated.

I made up my mind that I am going to wear out, not rust out!

Thanks
Mobilboar

Last edited:
Why 2017? Why not wait for the 2018 at this point?
Are you getting the TRD off road in a access cab or double cab?
Manual or automatic?

Greetings. I am going to pull the plug and spring for a 2017 TRD O probably tomorrow. I would appreciate any comments about your experience with this model. It has been many years since I have had a new vehicle. I turn 73 later this month and want to have some fun! I am a 100% disabled Vietnam Vet. Any help will be muchly appreciated.

Thanks
Mobilboar
Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to seeing what you end up getting.
I like my 2017 TRD DCLB Off-road. It’s been a fun truck so far.

Welcome to the forum.
Yeah. I have no real complaints with my 2017 either. If you want to wait and look at the 2018 model it’ll have the TSS-P standard. I don’t know what other options, if any, they’re throwing on it.
Like Tacomania said though, you may get a good deal on a 17 they’re trying to clear.

Welcome to the forum.
Yeah. I have no real complaints with my 2017 either. If you want to wait and look at the 2018 model it’ll have the TSS-P standard. I don’t know what other options, if any, they’re throwing on it.
Like Tacomania said though, you may get a good deal on a 17 they’re trying to clear.

I have looked at both 17 and 18's. The color we want is scarce here in Texas. I also wanted the longer bed on a double cab. The dealer found one in Oklahoma.

What is TSS-P?
It is priced at less than $39K out the door inc TT & L. Is that about right?

Thanks for the help.

What color do you want? Are you getting the double cab long bed in an off road or a sport? Depending on upgrades $39k seems about right for a DCLB off road with automatic transmission.

I'm looking at a 2017 TRD-O DCLB. It prices at a little less than 39K out the door with TTL. Is that about right? That combination is rare in the color we preferr here in Texas. the dealer found one in Okla.

What color do you want? Are you getting the double cab long bed in an off road or a sport? Depending on upgrades $39k seems about right for a DCLB off road with automatic transmission.
The silver sky metalic is what my color consultant (wife) wants. It is the closest to the 2002 Tundra we currently have.

Thanks
Mobilboar
Thank you for your service

OK. We have found a vehicle. It will be here early next week. Now begins the finance process. I have several questions on which I would appreciate guidance.

They concern the advisability and cost benefit ratio of plans offered by Toyota Finance.

!. Vehicle Service agreement
2.Disappearing Deductable
3.GAP
4.Prepaid Maintence
5.Tire and wheel protection
6. any other programs you are aware off.

Also the advisability of using USAA for finamcing and protection programs for similar protection.

Thank you in advance.
Mobilboar

OK. We have found a vehicle. It will be here early next week. Now begins the finance process. I have several questions on which I would appreciate guidance.

They concern the advisability and cost benefit ratio of plans offered by Toyota Finance.

!. Vehicle Service agreement
2.Disappearing Deductable
3.GAP
4.Prepaid Maintence
5.Tire and wheel protection
6. any other programs you are aware off.

Also the advisability of using USAA for finamcing and protection programs for similar protection.

Thank you in advance.
Mobilboar

I can say that I’ve used usaa a ton for auto loans and they have always done me right. If you can find a better financing deal than go for it. I’d give the dealer a shot. People panic over them running your credit but credit checks are a very small part of your score.
As far as GAP insurance, I would never own a vehicle that’s financed without it. USAA has a very affordable option that is a lot cheaper than what the dealer offers. And believe me, I’ve used it in the last six months and they were great. No hassle about paying my totaled truck off. As far as the rest of the options, look at the fine print and ask yourself if it’s really something that you want or would ever need.
Sometimes you can get the GAP thrown in at the dealer if they finance you. Be shameless. Try and get all you can thrown in. Tonneau cover, mud flaps, etc. The worst they can do is say no. And there are a ton of dealerships that will fight for your business.

Back