Discussion in 'Introductions' started by PoppaB!, May 22, 2018.

1. PoppaB!

PoppaB! New Member

Hi guys, new on the forum. Long time Tacoma owner(93, 98 - 287,000 miles, 2018) all 4 cyl. I'm not real happy with the 4 cyl / six speed auto in the 18'. Shifts constantly. Should never be in sixth at 45mph but it does. Also I'm hearing an annoying whistle just before the shift if you ease up to it. Any comments?

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. Congrats on the ‘18. The shift issues are well known. It’ll get some better with time.
    As far as the whistle it could be the Atkinson motor or even an air leak. It’s hard to tell without hearing it.

4. OP
    PoppaB!

PoppaB! New Member

Thanks. I'll let the dealer check it out. It's due for oil change shortly.

Bogunn likes this.
  5. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum!

6. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. Let us know what they find or say.

7. Tacomaholic

Tacomaholic Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Forum!

8. OP
    PoppaB!

PoppaB! New Member

Will do.

9. Scott Wyman

Scott Wyman Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum!