No Bluetooth Audio with Slacker App?

Rockin Rog

Hey, just picked up a 2012 Tacoma that has just the radio with Bluetooth. Tried to play Slacker Radio and Tune In app through my Motorola Razr and it doesn't stream the audio? The media player with all my music in the phone works though.

Is this a problem that is standard or is it just me? Tried deleting the phone and initializing it dozens, rebooting phone and once it played momentarily.

Should I just yank it and install a new head unit already?

Thanks...

There's a toyota entune app that's free for three years that comes with i heart radio and pandora... I haven't had any issues playing my phone through the same system, pandora, itunes or otherwise... I've got an iPhone though not sure if that makes any difference... It'd be a shame to rip out that decent/expensive a setup though just to put something aftermarket in and leave that one lying about... Have you tried going hardwired through the aux/usb? Maybe that'll work over Bluetooth? Just a thought... Good luck

I don't have the entune audio package in my 13 double cab. I have the standard stock touch screen radio and I have no problem running slacker through Bluetooth.

That could be the problem, I don't have a touch screen radio though. I have the regular radio with the Radio, Aux, CD etc buttons. When I start the truck it automatically starts playing my tunes stored on my Razr *(which I don't really like) sending the unit to the Aux position.

If I pause my player on my phone...the pause displays on the trucks radio...when I start slacker etc I get no sound from any other apps which brings a tear lol... So anyone with a stock radio not having this issue?

Back