No tire rub

WetTaco

Hello all, 2017 off road double cab short bed. In the process of installing a rough county 3” leveling kit. I have a honey badger front bumper so the front bumper and wheel well are both cut. Question is can I put a 285/75/16 tire on the factory wheel, with no or minor rub at max turn? And what is a stock rims offset?

Hello all, 2017 off road double cab short bed. In the process of installing a rough county 3” leveling kit. I have a honey badger front bumper so the front bumper and wheel well are both cut. Question is can I put a 285/75/16 tire on the factory wheel, with no or minor rub at max turn? And what is a stock rims offset?
Stock offset on the OR is +25 the 285 will most likely rub the UCA on the stock wheel. You’ll need at least a 0.5” wheel spacer on it to clear them. Bora makes a 0.75” wheel spacer you could add to the front. It may still rub on the cab mount at full lock. Backs should be ok.

Stock offset on the OR is +25 the 285 will most likely rub the UCA on the stock wheel. You’ll need at least a 0.5” wheel spacer on it to clear them. Bora makes a 0.75” wheel spacer you could add to the front. It may still rub on the cab mount at full lock. Backs should be ok.
Thanks for the info man!!! in your opinion, should I just spend the money and get rims instead of using spacers? I do travel with the truck and hit high speeds of 70-80....

Thanks for the info man!!! in your opinion, should I just spend the money and get rims instead of using spacers? I do travel with the truck and hit high speeds of 70-80....
If you have the money and some rims you’ve been eyeing I would. A 0 offset works well. I think anywhere between a +4 and a -6 looks good with the 285’s. You might be able to make a +13 work and can go as low as -12. Some people have stated they have more rubbing at lock with -12.

Back