O V TUNE

bdarnold12

Been reading some on the ov tune. For those of you that have done this is there any down side to it? What I'm really interested in is there any adverse effects on engine or drive train longevity?

This is news to me. I didnt know anyone made a super charger for the turd gens. Just as soon as I get an extra 5Gs I'm gonna buy me one! [emoji16]
Curious why it's about the same price as the twins kit... much simpler installation but was talking of much bigger gains with turbos... hmmm... you should go ahead and get the tuning package to save that cost in the future! [emoji12]

Tried both turbo & supercharger web addresses for OV Tune, but the pages are not valid - “404 Page Not Found” [emoji848]
They were teaser links... only worked for a week or so...
They're in the process of moving to a new facility right now, hopefully they'll get the show on the road soon...
[emoji1696][emoji1696][emoji1696]

I was looking at there stuff for a bit. Was about to get the 2.0 flash, then they quit doing the premade tunes. Now, they're moving to make it like every other handheld where you adjust your own parameters. I guess it's easier for them, or helps their bottom line. You can still get updates if you previously bought their product, but you can't buy the tunes anymore.

Take this with a grain of salt because I'll be the first to admit that I'm electronically challenged. Right now I wouldn't mess with a tune if you're vehicle is under the fuel pump recall. A couple of days ago it was being floated on TacomaWorld that the fix for the fuel pump issue is a software update. Supposedly this came from a dealer. I wouldn't want to spend $600/$700 on a tune just to have the dealer f... It up.

Take this with a grain of salt because I'll be the first to admit that I'm electronically challenged. Right now I wouldn't mess with a tune if you're vehicle is under the fuel pump recall. A couple of days ago it was being floated on TacomaWorld that the fix for the fuel pump issue is a software update. Supposedly this came from a dealer. I wouldn't want to spend $600/$700 on a tune just to have the dealer f... It up.
You are always able to flash back to stock with the tune anytime you want so even if you have the tune whenever you want or need to go to the dealer, just flash back to your stock tune if you want. When you are done, flash it back to the tune of your choice and you are good to go. I absolutely love my tune and would recommend it in a heartbeat!

Back