O2 sensor circuit

Discussion in '1995 - 2004 Toyota Tacoma' started by de 203996, Jun 29, 2018.

1. de 203996

de 203996 New Member

My truck is a 1999 tocoma regular cab 2.4 engine ..had a code PO 135.. replaced upstream sensor with Denso...code came back..checked at connector..had 12v on plus side and no grd from computor key on.The wire from grd at o2 sensor is purple with black stripe...think at ECU a wire that color is at E8 # 2 wire but no continuity from ecu to sensor both unpluged..am i right for wire from ecu or did i miss it..looking at info for differant models this wire should be a straight shot.can anybody verify the ecu pin # for heated grd wire for O2 sensor..dealing with #1 and 2 wires at sensor

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Bogunn, kp.taco and whippersnapper02 like this.
  4. OP
    de 203996

de 203996 New Member

It is an automatic trans also

5. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

This is totally a Nancy question.

OR17TRD likes this.
  6. OP
    de 203996

de 203996 New Member

Found my problem..........

OR17TRD likes this.
  7. OR17TRD

...and...

8. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

The suspense is killing me.....

OR17TRD likes this.
  9. OP
    de 203996

de 203996 New Member

Was right on the color of # 2 pin at ECU... jumpered that wire to Ox senser and then got a PO 125 code quick......took jumper back off and got PO125 and PO 135...replaced ECT sensor which helped nothing...traced wiring as far as i could in both directions..checked O2 sensor i bought and it was correct.....then i found it....light pull of wires on top of trans gave me all 4 wires going to front O2 sensor in my hand..took connector to auto trans off and harness came out far enough to see Mr squrrel's eating through split loom ,tape and wires through copper in a 1/4 area

OR17TRD and Bogunn like this.
  10. OR17TRD

Damn you mr squirrel! Glad you figured it out. Sounds like a PITA.

11. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Wow. That was some work.