OBDII Scan tool for 2016?

You can get a Bluetooth/wifi OBD2 connector off Amazon for around $20 and get the OBD Torque app for $5. I use the Carista app and Bluetooth connector. It lets you change lights,chimes etc that normally only the dealer could and reads fault errors. The Torque app is better for diagnosing.

Remember that in 2007 the OBDII protocol was updated to OBDII CAN. ( a new network language protocol ) Pre 2007 OBDII readers can't read the CAN format.
All the auto shops sell the new OBDII CAN readers. Some even have ABS testing as well. The newer units are backwards compatible to the pre-2007 OBDII cars.
I picked up a $99 unit on sale for $69 at Harbor Freight.
Works great and is software upgradeable. Has all the trouble codes internally so I don't need web anymore to look up codes.
They have a couple for less than $40.

Bought the same Harb Freight OBDII/CAN reader and it works great on the Taco, Venza and Corolla. Love the internal code library. No more book or web searching for codes. Also shows all the live data which the motor running. All temps, voltages, mass airflow, Cat temps, rpm, hours, throttle %, spark advance, etc.

Back