Octane booster and fuel system cleaner

I don't think it will harm but the octane booster isn't going to do anything for you.

As far as cleaners go, most do nothing. I believe people like Techron and I bought a 6pk of it from Costco but I didn't notice a difference after the first treatment. I have 2 more treatments to go. One bottle treats 12 gallons so 2 are needed for the 2nd gen's 21 gallon tank.

More exhaust?

Knocking seems to be "normal" with the 4.0. Great quality there Toyota. But if you have knocking issues simply run higher octane gas. I only notice knocking when I have the A/C on, I'm at low RPM and going up a hill with l moderate throttle. I swapped to 91 for 3 months and noticed less kocking but no change in power and mileage.

Use AMSOIL P.I. Treatment once every 4,000 miles improvement noticed after 30-50 miles of weekend driving and a 89-93 octane fillup of Shell,Chevron,Sunoco,Mobil,B.P. Texaco,Exxon,or some major gas Company. Just go to to order here www.AMSOIL.com/?ZO=5269135
click on blue site and order as a prefeered customer ,it works ,I use it once every 5,ooo miles!!! Rambo!

Back