OEM Oil Filter

Discussion in '2016 + Toyota Tacoma' started by Jerry Brown, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Jerry Brown

Jerry Brown Member

Where can I buy the OEM oil filter?
    Dealership only?
    I was about to order them online but the shipping cost more than the filters (buying 2).

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

B.C. likes this.
  4. B.C.

B.C. Well-Known Member

Welcome Jerry!

What B-Man said.
    Or if you don't have to have OEM many auto parts stores have good quality options.
    I personally am a Napa fan, but lots of places are good.
    From all I have read over the years I personally would avoid Fram oil filters.

B-Man likes this.
  5. B.C.

B.C. Well-Known Member

Ps. The Fram thing is not a bad personal experience, just internet reading, so take it with a grain of salt, because we all know that nothing has ever been exaggerated on the internet ;)

6. TacoTruck2019

TacoTruck2019 Well-Known Member

The fram ultra is touted as a top shelf filter. Ive used a couple of them in the past, they worked just fine.

B.C. likes this.
  7. Joisey

Joisey Well-Known Member

I bought my Toyota filters from Amazon. Bought a dozen for cheap, about $2.25 or so each, shipped. Deals vary as far as who has the best deal at the time.

B-Man and B.C. like this.
  8. JimShep

JimShep Well-Known Member

I have been buying factory oil filters for my 11 at the damn Walmart ,,go figure

B.C. and B-Man like this.
  9. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

Ebay package sales from dealers.

B.C. likes this.
  10. Lil G

Lil G Well-Known Member

Whippersnapper how have you been????

whippersnapper02 and B.C. like this.
  11. BigMau

BigMau Well-Known Member

My local Toyota dealer is right on my home from work. I always get OEM filters from them. Currently, I am using a Toyota TRD oil filter. It's a tad heavier in construction and seems to trap more nasty stuff during the 8-9000 miles the oil is in the engine. I have also seen Toyota OEM filters at Walmart (someone in forum mentioned that too) for around 6 bucks...

For 6 to 8 bucks... I'd go with a Toyota filter.

tooter likes this.
  12. brywebb11

brywebb11 Member

The filters and oil were all way cheaper at my local dealer ship so I've just been buying from them.

B-Man and tooter like this.
  13. tooter

tooter Well-Known Member

dig the pic for your avatar! ;)

B-Man likes this.
  14. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

New phone...who dis?

tooter and B-Man like this.
  15. Lil G

Lil G Well-Known Member

Lil G

tooter and B-Man like this.
  16. TacoTruck2019

TacoTruck2019 Well-Known Member

My local Walmart has been stocking the oem filter lately, I think the price was $5.???.

B-Man likes this.