Off Road Tires - 2013 Toyota Tacoma

Howlin

I'm thinking about getting a second set of wheels for my new truck. What are some good off road tires for my truck? Any insights?

Is your truck mainly for work or play? What's your highway to offroad ratio?
Im looking to get a new set as well, want to replace the stock dunlops.

Im looking at Coopers myself. Im probably going with the AT3, for I do about 75% highway driving and 25% off road. From reviews it seems like a great all around AT tire. It has the best rating for dry and wet traction as well compared to others.

id even say with 25% offroad i would consider a good Mud Terrain. I am partial to Mickey Thompson but there are other good Mud Terrains out there as well. Youll love the offroad traction. An A/T wont help in mud or slippery conditions.

id even say with 25% offroad i would consider a good Mud Terrain. I am partial to Mickey Thompson but there are other good Mud Terrains out there as well. Youll love the offroad traction. An A/T wont help in mud or slippery conditions.

The maxx and duratracs are technically a/t tires

I'm a lifetime advocate for BFG AT's.

396380_4169729594569_1222521357_n.jpg

Attachments

• mud_terrain_large_3.jpg
    mud_terrain_large_3.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 132
/http://instagr.am/p/WpvXVYwXqI/ been running these Bridgestone Dueler MT's hard to find, made in Japan 285/75/16 load range C

4CB3D98C-F3BE-47E0-83BD-942263447A0F-2141-000001133481747F_zpsb7c108d0.jpg

it all comes down to the type of use you plan on putting on the tires....im a HUGE BFG fan...and ive become that the hard way...ive tried everything on the race trucks....General, Toyo, Falken and i still come back to BFG all the time....on the race truck i love Projects...but its a race truck...i need the Kevlar linning and we groove them to match the terrain....for chase trucks theirs nothing like an All Terrain...they give you the best of both worlds in my opinion. great for street and great for dirt....if your planning on mud or snow...nothing beats a Mudder....now saying all this...on Chase 1 (White F-350 Diesel) i love my Firestones....i can tow 65MPH and dont feel a thing on the road and not towing i can get the truck to 85MPH and its smooth as ice....

I've definitely been a big fan of the Mickey Thompson and Cooper line; Cooper makes Mickeys so how can I not like? The Cooper MTs look disgustingly similar to the Mickey Thompson MTZs- so much that I'm contemplating going that route next to save cash; But god I love my Mickeys- will go with ATZs next time around on the Micks.

heh. Just called my local tire shop and their MTZs, ATZs and Cooper STTs are all the same price!! $205/per. Kick ass!

Last edited:
I run Goodyear Duratracts. They are supposed to be a good snow tire. I live in the deserts...and they do wear a bit quick due to a soft compound...but they do well in the dirt/sand/gravel...and they look agressive and give the truck a mean stance.

The mickey baja claw mtz's are a great tire... last the longest with on road wear for any mud tire ive seen. Plus they pull amazing in the mud and there not so noisy on-road like nitto mud grappelers

Back