Oil change 2015 Tacoma

Discussion in 'Maintenance' started by RClimenhaga72, Aug 10, 2016.

1. RClimenhaga72

RClimenhaga72 New Member

Crew Cab
    I just traded in my 2005 Tundra on a 2015 crew cab Tacoma. I love it so far. It is now out of factory oil changes. I do my own Oil changes,. And noticed the oil filter is on top of the motor. I also noticed there is a spill tray with a nipple to catch the oil that falls out when you remove the filter. Is there a device available to attach to the nipple to catch the oil, Or any ideas on what I can use?

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

I shove a water bottle in there to catch the oil. Make sure you remove the plug if yours is still there.

slowpoke likes this.
  4. slowpoke

slowpoke Well-Known Member

Yup, i use a solo cup.

5. slowpoke

slowpoke Well-Known Member

Congrats on the tow package tho.

6. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

I added a hose and let it go down to where it can drain into oil drain pan at near frame and oil pan when draining at same time!Clean,neat and not messy!

Jack likes this.
  7. OP
    RClimenhaga72

RClimenhaga72 New Member

Thank you those are all excellent ideas. I will try them and see which works best for me.

Rambo likes this.
  8. Mjp2

Mjp2 Well-Known Member

Wat size hoes is needed for tubbing?

Rambo likes this.